Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E92 VATS patch

Here's the .calz file that will give you the VATS disable patch.
    Same instructions as the previous page showed....

Save the attached .calz file in to the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E92

With your V2 plugged in before you start the software, open the tune file and navigate to 'B9903', change to Applied.
    You may also need to disable calibration 'G1219', this should stop the need to have a relay wired in to the starter control on the ECM (this prevents them running too).

For B9903 to take effect you must Full Flash the ECM, this only needs to be done once, after than you can continue with calibration only flashes.

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you! I'll get it loaded up and report back.

I think these need a load on the starter relay output too, I don't remember.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I loaded the file, plugged in my V2 to the Laptop, and opened the file. I now have the VATS Patch in the red engine folder. I have loaded the file to the ecm via full flash, also I am plugged into the ecm itself but there not a "VATS" folder or "Cranking" folder under the system icon where I can turn off the starter relay diagnostic and whatnot. I have a feeling this is going to cause me a problem on the run stand where I currently don't have the original 8 speed auto to plug in (I do have the TCM). The system won't know I am in neutral. Am I seeing the situation wrong? Thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e92 VATS.JPG 
Views:	223 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	22141

EDIT: I Posted this without seeing your follow up comment about the relay circuit

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I think these need a load on the starter relay output too, I don't remember.
    I took my time writing that last post, I guess you replied in the meantime. I will work on getting that starter relay pin happy. Should I incorporate a resistor?

I have fire at the plugs but I don't appear to have fuel. I do not see any injector pw on the scanner. Still trying things. I have the starter relay in place.

I am pretty sure VATS on the late model ECM's kills off fuel and spark, I don't think you can have one and not the other.

I got it to run, but it's so unfathomably rich...something is wrong somewhere. But the VATS patch apparently did what its supposed to do. I appreciate you getting the calz to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brads_rs View Post
    I got it figured out I think. Here is some info to maybe help out the next person

Brake switch/TCC: Connector 1 (blue) pin 57, Open circuit for brakes applied and closed to ground for not applied.
    Speed signal out put: Connector 1 (blue) pin 43
    Tach signal: Connector 2 (black) pin 47
    I get no response on the tachometer x2 pin 47. Ive tried 2 different tach, and I've tried a 1k ohm pull-up resistor. I also have zero visibility of tach adjustment in my tune file "system" tab. Is there more functions hiding in the background and I just cant see them in this particular operating system?

Any ideas on this? Please and thank you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast