Thread: Glow plug timer??

Default Glow plug timer??

I don't see a column any where for this? I'm I just missing this?

Quote Originally Posted by CDR View Post
    I don't see a column any where for this? I'm I just missing this?
    Why would you ever need to adjust that
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by DURAtotheMAX View Post
    Why would you ever need to adjust that
    Shorter run time = longer glow plug life.... hey Ben how about my auto sync order could you email me davidnykp@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by CDR View Post
    Shorter run time = longer glow plug life.... hey Ben how about my auto sync order could you email me davidnykp@aol.com
    Great way to screw up a lot of stuff. GM has millions of dollars into that glow plug controller and system. It has a 32-bit processor and is more powerful than an entire LB7 ECM.

Its not an egg timer. This isnt a 1985 6.2 diesel.

Leave it alone. I dont understand why anyone would think they can "tune" the glow plugs better than GM lol. BTW the GPCM has the final say in everything anyways, the ECM doesnt do all that much other than report operating conditions via CAN.

They heat up in 4 seconds at -20*................
    Last edited by DURAtotheMAX; December 11th, 2017 at 03:53 AM.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Log it, sniff the CAN bus, learn how the GPCM works, take one apart, and read up some white papers on cold start diesel logic. Then decide if you still want to ruin the engine and turn it into a loud, smelly, smokey, hard starting beast by making the glow plug timer less than the agonizingly long 4 seconds lol.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed.
    12.9s @ 108 mph

Its not an egg timer. This isnt a 1985 6.2 diesel.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

[QUOTE=DURAtotheMAX;242501]And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Log it, sniff the CAN bus, learn how the GPCM works, take one apart, and read up some white papers on cold start diesel logic. Then decide if you still want to ruin the engine and turn it into a loud, smelly, smokey, hard starting beast by making the glow plug timer less than the agonizingly long 4 seconds lol.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed

Wow so much anger! You do realize there are many people who did glow plug deletes? Trust me I’m not looking for smoker starts. On my previous trucks i was able to complete shut them off at 50 degrees and above and never saw one smoky start and never had a dead glow plug. As far as ruining the motor from lack of flow plug timing I would highly doubt unless your starting and stopping the motor hundred times a day when it’s 20

And another thing..........that light on the dash? Its just a "wait to start light" idiot light. Its not a "the glow plugs are on" light.

Maybe just remove the GPCM and put them on a manual switch?? If you make it more than two cold starts without breaking off a glow plug and destroying the engine, I'd be extremely impressed.
    Tell US ALL how you really feel !!!

LOL
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.