Thread: Motor Ops help

Default Motor Ops help

hello fellas,

I am new to this forum so please bear with me... I am having some troubles with a recent set of tunes and tuner I purchased from motor ops andi am hoping someone else on here has had this problem and can help me fix it. so here it goes I deleted my truck and installed motor ops csp4 tunes onto my 16 cummins then went for a little test drive going fro tune 1-4 and noticing the differences of feel and sound. I then drov on a 1,000 mile trip to texas on economy tune running between 80-90 the whole way getting 20+ MPG towards the end of the 1000 mile trip I started switching tunes to see if any of the other tunes could produce thiskind of economy and power. it was at his point that my truck began having the problems. so initially all the tunes had slightly different idle characteristics via vane position and audible exauhst tones and back pressure, now it doesn't seem to matter if I am on tune 1-4 they all sound the same and produce the same vane position the only real difference when driving between tunes is the power increases slightly as you go up in tunes nowhere near like it was the first 1,000 mi though. I continuously monitored all engine vitals with my edge cts2 and was origanly using the csp4 switch provided by motor ops but after speaking with Cameron and describing the issues I was having we determined it was just a fauty switch however now the switch has been reoved and the problem remains one lame tune with four switch positins I want the fuel econoy back can any offer some thoughts on this?

Lifetime Member

Have they checked over the tunes, or configured data logging for you so that they can analyse the operation and performance of their tune files?

Cheers
    Cindy

Cindy, thank you for replying no I have not done any configuration of data logging I did however log 2 separate files one on tune 1 and one on tune 4 both with WOT runs and sent them to Cameron at Motor Ops but unfortuantley it was after closing time..... he doesn't seem real convinced that it is possible for me to be experiencing this problem. is it possible that the tunes could have been altered by clearing codes through the csp4 switch with my cts2??

Quote Originally Posted by samsspringer512 View Post
    Cindy, thank you for replying no I have not done any configuration of data logging I did however log 2 separate files one on tune 1 and one on tune 4 both with WOT runs and sent them to Cameron at Motor Ops but unfortuantley it was after closing time..... he doesn't seem real convinced that it is possible for me to be experiencing this problem. is it possible that the tunes could have been altered by clearing codes through the csp4 switch with my cts2??
    The tunes can not be altered by code clearing. You should follow up with them, and ask them to escalate the issue internally, they seem to take care of customers so keep at it with them.

Hey I just came across your post. Sorry to hear that you having troubles with our tunes. Feel free to reach out to me directly and let's get this situation diagnosed and corrected.

Awesome thank you for the response Simon I know you will get me fixed up I have heard a lot of good things about Motor Ops that's why I made the selection I did... I just forwarded the email I sent to Cameron please let me know if there I anything I can do to make this go faster and easier

Excellent. I'll check my email. We'll get you all fixed up.

It is Simon@mototrops.CA right?