Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Release #2 (Dec 2017)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release #2 (Dec 2017)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.16 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.12 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.129 (Nov 17, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.

Issue #4:
    The E92 controller's serial number is not displayed correctly in the V7.5 software.
    Workaround:
    Use the V8 software to display the E92 controller's serial number.

Issue #5 (fixed in V2.2.12 - if you have already installed V8.2.11, use the "Check for Updates" option to update to V8.2.12):
    Black Box options for Cummins HD DTCs are incorrectly active for existing non-HD applications. That can cause the "space required" for config files to exceed 100%.
    Workaround:
    Uncheck the "DTC Descriptions" in the "Heavy Duty (J1939) DTC Descriptions:" area of the [F5: BBX]->[F5: DTCs] tab page.
    Or just update to V8.2.12

Issue #6 (fixed in V2.2.12 - if you have already installed V8.2.11, use the "Check for Updates" option to update to V8.2.12):
    The "Failure Mode Indication (FMI) Descriptions" is disabled and cannot be unchecked from within the EFILive software.
    Workaround:
    Save the BBX options text file, edit the file using Notepad and at the end of the file change the "Active" value for the HD and HD_FMI entries to "N".
    Or just update to V8.2.12

-
    Last edited by Blacky; May 10th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

In V8 S&T -> Devices

when you read the settings from FSV2, the Save button remains greyed out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture~000003.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	21742

SD card was formatted under V8 S&T -> BBX (Program->Format Config Filesystem), the folders Scan and Tune were created under the tree EFILive->V7;

In EFILive Explorer, under the Data Files tab, the tree view shows folders Scan and Tune under EFILive->V7;

when I drag a .ctz file from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (EFILive->V7->Tune), the following warning pops up (see pic), and the file is not copied;

Name:	Capture~000004.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	21743

( when I create folder Tune directly under EFILive, then I can drag/copy a .ctz file to it ok )

Name:	Capture~000005.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	21744

( drag/copy a log file to Scan folder under EFILive->V7 works ok )
    Last edited by joecar; December 24th, 2017 at 03:50 AM.

OS 12673958 - I can't get any of the DMA pids to validate? Understand known issue #2, but I can't get them to validate to log in the first place? I have tested the latest update on 8 other E38's with different OS's, and the DMA pids work for them.

Cheers
    Leppy

DMA PID's must be defined by EFILive PER OS for each ECM type. Unfortunately that one just hasn't been done which is why it will not validate.
    Although that OS has been supported in the tune tool for a long time now I think we (I) just forgot to go back and do the DMA PID defs. Usually it is because it is actually quite a time consuming thing to do and other things get in the way.
    I'll bump it up the list because that will probably be the last ever E38 OS ever released!

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi Ross,
    I've been a long time follower, lurking in the forums but not really contributing! Agree with your comments - just thought I would let you know. Always appreciate your hard work.

Cheers mate
    Leppy

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    SD card was formatted under V8 S&T -> BBX (Program->Format Config Filesystem), the folders Scan and Tune were created under the tree EFILive->V7;

In EFILive Explorer, under the Data Files tab, the tree view shows folders Scan and Tune under EFILive->V7;

when I drag a .ctz file from the upper pane (PC) to the lower pane (EFILive->V7->Tune), the following warning pops up (see pic), and the file is not copied;

Name:	Capture~000004.png 
Views:	309 
Size:	201.0 KB 
ID:	21743

( when I create folder Tune directly under EFILive, then I can drag/copy a .ctz file to it ok )

Name:	Capture~000005.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	21744

( drag/copy a log file to Scan folder under EFILive->V7 works ok )
    Ok, I got this sorted out by properly formatting the SD card (you do this from FSV2 LCD/keypad).

Just did this update now every vin has been erased on all my lml tunes in v7???? it just shows ??????????????? for a vin?

Someone else mentioned this, I don't think they are getting erased from the files (because V8 still shows the VIN ok), it is just V7 is not showing it correctly for some reason.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Never Mind............different issue I had
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast