Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 411 troubles

Default 411 troubles

I have a 97 silverado 5.7L 5 speed 4x4...i did the 411 swap and when i rev the truck it only goes to about 2000 rpms...i did some reading and i thought i had the automatic tune installed (people saying it sounds like my the computer was trying to tell my trans to shift?)...so i found lextechs base tune for the manual trans, sent it to black bear performance and paid for a vin unlock (i have a autocal), got the tune put on my autocal and flashed it and its doing the same thing...codes are evap canister, and a p0706 code...what could the problem be? Wrong tune file? If i had another tune file would i have to buy another unlock?

You only need to unlock a vehicle one time, after that you can flash as many tunes as you want in it with the same device you unlocked it with.

Did you repin using Lextech's doc? IF not, request it from him and go over the wiring to verify there are no mistakes in the repin. Post the tune too..
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Yea i got his file...went over the pin sheet numerous times...someone told me to ground out the 32 and 34 pin?

Chevrolet Manual L31 5.7L (12212156).ctz

this is his tune file i saved for the website for a 5 speed truck that i flashed onto my computer...how does it look?

Man you should not be getting that p0706... Also, the tune you posted has anti theft set to class-2. Try the one posted at the end of this page --> http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

Quote Originally Posted by SS2win View Post
    Man you should not be getting that p0706... Also, the tune you posted has anti theft set to class-2. Try the one posted at the end of this page --> http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html
    Thats the tune i had downloaded i did happen to open it and disable egr but that was it...but thats the exact tune i had gotten..ill see if i can figure out how to disable abuse mode

I bought the autocal used and have no experience tuning and am unaware on what to all to change on my tune concerning the "abuse mode"...one guy said he had luck grounding the 32 and 34 pin...ill try that and if that fixes it then i will just run a wire to a ground...that should be ok?

But yes that is the link from where i got the tune...the last tune is the exact one i have...except i disabled egr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast