Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LSA Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    MAF appears to be under-reporting.

We had a bit of email flurry with BBP and he asked about the size of the pipe of the CAI 3.5" I had told them all about the truck when I dropped my cash with them. If they are just now asking about the intake pipe I am hopping things get worked out quick. I want to go camping soon.

So today I took more time to remove the lid and check the torque on the super charger, 2 bolts were maybe 1/8 turn loose but that is all. I dropped a camera down the runners and things look ok.

Thank you !

Try using smoke to detect the air leak (if you don't have a smoke leak detector, get creative, find a way of sucking in cigar smoke, and then pumping it into the intake manifold, watch to see where it exits).
    I have a small smoker but not enough to fill the intake. I can try on the outside.

Yes ask here...

did you correctly populate all the injector tables...?
    I don't have access to the tune files, locked out.

You're getting mail-tuned by BBP...?
    Yes, Email. The Holidays are slowing things down communicating with BBP and before it was 1 email a week.

In your pics I see intake manifold adapter plates, please explain...!?
    My truck has cathedral port heads, the LSA are square port. the adapters mate the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    Good luck with that.

I've had a look at your log file... and what's going on is that your tip-ins are incredibly lean. If you continue to run 16+ AFRs going into boost then... if you're lucky you'll just fry your valves or if you're not so lucky you'll blow holes in your pistons. Even when your AFRs eventually do go down, your narrowbands are still only going to around 850, that's not rich enough. Stop looking for vacuum leaks and start giving the engine the fuel it needs.
    Statesman

Thank you, I will forward this info to BBP

I need to find a tuner here in Phoenix that can get thier hands on the truck and tune it for me. If BBP cant do it, and I have to leaks then I wasted $500 on BBP and will have to spend another $800- 1K to get it done locally. I was thinking Chuck's Speed and Marine since they understand RV and Towing not just Racing. Any Recommendations?

Thanks all you for your input.

MAF appears to be under-reporting.
    how so? vacuum leak? wrong MAF sensor?

Help on a 2012 Silverado 5.3l LSA supercharger. (used to be flex fuel) fault codes. P219a.
    I thought I fixed this with a leaky vacuumed cap on the right side of snout.
    Only thing I can figure is loose mount bolts for LSA or lid, evap solinoid or catch can PVC.
    This truck always had a cold tip off idle stumble lean. Goes away when warm. Tuner blames fuel puddling on the head adapter plates.

Current Fault Log
    ------------------
    P219a
    Historic Fault Log
    ------------------
    P1101:

If anyone can offer insights I can provide the efi live log files.

Injectors are stock LSA.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kirklanc View Post
    how so? vacuum leak? wrong MAF sensor?
    If MAF is not dirty, then MAF table may need to be edited.

P219A = Bank 1 Air/Fuel Ratio Imbalance
    P1101 = Mass Airflow Sensor Self Test Out of Range

first one could be due to exhaust leak.

Thank you
    I'll ask the tuner to check
    Definitely no exhaust leak.
    Snow performance thought the meth injection may be coming on too soon. So I adjusted it and all is fine so far. But it can take a week to pop up

Quote Originally Posted by kirklanc View Post
    Help on a 2012 Silverado 5.3l LSA supercharger. (used to be flex fuel) fault codes. P219a.
    I thought I fixed this with a leaky vacuumed cap on the right side of snout.
    Only thing I can figure is loose mount bolts for LSA or lid, evap solinoid or catch can PVC.
    This truck always had a cold tip off idle stumble lean. Goes away when warm. Tuner blames fuel puddling on the head adapter plates.

Current Fault Log
    ------------------
    P219a
    Historic Fault Log
    ------------------
    P1101:

If anyone can offer insights I can provide the efi live log files.

Injectors are stock LSA.

Thanks.
    Your tuner is correct about the fuel puddling issue with the adapters. You will never be able to fix the lean tip in on this set up. It is a common issue with with the adapters on this set up. I know someone that has access to the OEM software capabilities that can see all the missing factory tables. Even after finding those missing tables and populating those tables, He could never fix the issue. He finally gave up, sold the cathedral heads and adapters and used the correct heads.

You would either need to swap to the rectangle port heads or sell the LSA set up and get something like a magnuson TVS1900

Can you suggest a good set of heads for this setup? For the maximum under the curve towing power. Torque. I am planning a did afm delete and that requires head removal, so while I am there may as well swap the lifters cam and heads. And headers.

I think I found my problem on this code. Snow performance had me daily the meth injection up so it comes in a little latter.

Go with the factory rectangle ports and ditch the spacers.

Look on summit 12675872 are factory LSA heads $561.37 Each and there complete

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast