Thread: Timing Calculator issues

Default Timing Calculator issues

Hey guys I'm trying to use the timing calculator inside of the Efi Live software to map out the correct timing for a tune that I'm making in another software program. When i open the calculator, i see zeros in the -200 to 0 mm3 range. This doesn't seem normal to me and when i click apply it sets those values in the timing map to 0 as well. Also i may be misunderstanding what the timing calculator is used for so is it supposed to give you a timing table that will match duration, rail pressure, and torque to fuel or is there more to it such as entering what percent btdc that i need to input into the calculator. If so, it seems like that is way over my head to know how much fuel to be injected btdc in what areas. Or if someone can dumb it down for me or give some rules of thumb that would be great. My truck is a 2012 6.7 68rfe

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsixseven View Post
    Hey guys I'm trying to use the timing calculator inside of the Efi Live software to map out the correct timing for a tune that I'm making in another software program. When i open the calculator, i see zeros in the -200 to 0 mm3 range. This doesn't seem normal to me and when i click apply it sets those values in the timing map to 0 as well. Also i may be misunderstanding what the timing calculator is used for so is it supposed to give you a timing table that will match duration, rail pressure, and torque to fuel or is there more to it such as entering what percent btdc that i need to input into the calculator. If so, it seems like that is way over my head to know how much fuel to be injected btdc in what areas. Or if someone can dumb it down for me or give some rules of thumb that would be great. My truck is a 2012 6.7 68rfe

I'm in the same boat, subscribed......

Quote Originally Posted by Apples24v View Post
    I'm in the same boat, subscribed......
    I figured it out. PM me if you need help bud!

For some reason I

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsixseven View Post
    I figured it out. PM me if you need help bud!
    why not post it here?