Thread: Idle Tuning

Default Idle Tuning

I've done a search and can't really get all the information I need. I'm trying to idle tune my car. I have the VE's almost perfect. I logged Rafig and Rafpn and tried correcting the respective tables, but that just made the idle and hanging idle issues even worse. I have a 6 speed with F14 cam and Dart 205 heads. What exactly do I need to do to get this thing to idle with no hanging idle also. Table numbers, PID's, etc would be helpful. Thanks

How do you mean hanging idle? rafig/pn is for static idle only really (well idle baseline anyway.
    If you have rpm sit high for a few seconds before dropping, or when you blip the throttle the same thing happens then you need to look at cracker and follower. Cracker is for holding higher idle when at speed, and follower is for raising and returning to idle when throttle is used.

So if you can push clutch in and coast to a stop with no throttle and idle hangs, then reduce cracker airflow at the low speeds/rpm near stop. b4309 and b4310 plus decay and delay tables to suit. Likewise if it stalls add some.

On the other hand if you prod the gas when still and rpm raises too much when you push the clutch in, or it hangs before dropping then look at the follower tables. b4315 b4316 (often just set 4316 to all 1 so it makes the multiplier easier to understand. If you need even more air than that sure raise mult, but Ive not seen any tunes that do)

Sometimes its a combination of the 2 as when moving both may be active. Just try to exclude the throttle for testing so you know its cracker. And likewise make sure your zero roadspeed is zero in the cracker table when checking for follower action.

Hope that helps.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.