Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LML Table Update Jan 2018

what did you do to tables b1013 b1015 and b1009?

Hi Cindy

The below comments are pertaining to the recent tables added. I hope it helps.

In closed loop Modes 0-6 there are 4 ADDITIONAL tables that are responsible for turbo Max positions. They are 10 x 10 tables

There is, in addition an overall Min VGT actuator position table that compares Vref 0-26 volts to ECT in addition to the table that is already mapped by EFI Live. It is a 16 x 16 table

I have added those in via .cax awhile back after figuring out how to get them imported (what a pain)

I can fully control any VGT turbo/compound set up put on one of these trucks with the above.

Let me know and I can send the hex addresses or whatever you want for those to be added in, or let me know the appropriate route to get it done.

Under Injection Quantity/Post injection1/ The values are correct but the labeling is wrong as it is listed as "timing", they should be mm3 values.

Thanks
    Last edited by engr7581; February 27th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

Great Info !!!

Unfortunately, there is a lot more than just those 4 or 5 tables, and this is not a slight at anyone either, its great that others are digging into hex and mapping..............

In the 2011 OS there are 4 Vane Max tables, in the 12-16 there are IIRC 11 instead, and in addition to all these 11 there are many other tables for vane position on a cold start, vane max position at idle, vane % add on vs ect, there are also single address tables for max vane % as well, there is a lot of stuff that is in that hex code.

After 4 years of searching thru the hex and constantly testing these added tables, these are some of the missing tables in this screenshot.

There are a few fuel pressure tables and a host of other stuff that helps out on CP3 conversion, dual fuelers such as the valve on the fuel rail,

Again, what EFI-Live has provided is awesome, and for 90% of everyone its what is needed, but once you get into a non-stock truck, twins, CP3's these extra tables make it a lot easier and a lot better to control the turbos and fuel systems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LML VANE TABLES.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	21868  
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Awesome thanks to anyone that helps out on these, maybe it will get a little more attention now that the future of GM products is not looking so good .
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    maybe it will get a little more attention now.
    The update took months, still not good enough?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Not saying what we have is not good enough, without you guys there would very little to no tuning support for these and thanks for everything you have done. This ecm is just a pain and I bet Tony with all his time working with the hex editor it still isn't good enough for him either, I'm sure he's found enough to get by and stay ahead of the game compared to the majority of commercial sellers.

With the future of tuning likely going away are you guys just going to stop development of current controllers or wouldn't it make sense to revisit the problem ones? This is all I'm getting at and not trying to be unappreciative of what we have.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Not saying what we have is not good enough, without you guys there would very little to no tuning support for these and thanks for everything you have done. This ecm is just a pain and I bet Tony with all his time working with the hex editor it still isn't good enough for him either, I'm sure he's found enough to get by and stay ahead of the game compared to the majority of commercial sellers.

With the future of tuning likely going away are you guys just going to stop development of current controllers or wouldn't it make sense to revisit the problem ones? This is all I'm getting at and not trying to be unappreciative of what we have.
    We continue to move forward and be innovative. Our development schedule is presently beyond the capacity of our 2 programmers for the next 12 months. While things don't look great for GM ATM, the future is looking very bright for EFILive.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by engr7581 View Post
    Hi Cindy

The below comments are pertaining to the recent tables added. I hope it helps.

In closed loop Modes 0-6 there are 4 ADDITIONAL tables that are responsible for turbo Max positions. They are 10 x 10 tables

There is, in addition an overall Min VGT actuator position table that compares Vref 0-26 volts to ECT in addition to the table that is already mapped by EFI Live. It is a 16 x 16 table

I have added those in via .cax awhile back after figuring out how to get them imported (what a pain)

I can fully control any VGT turbo/compound set up put on one of these trucks with the above.

Let me know and I can send the hex addresses or whatever you want for those to be added in, or let me know the appropriate route to get it done.

Under Injection Quantity/Post injection1/ The values are correct but the labeling is wrong as it is listed as "timing", they should be mm3 values.

Thanks
    How are you importing them you can pm me if you like

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    We continue to move forward and be innovative. Our development schedule is presently beyond the capacity of our 2 programmers for the next 12 months. While things don't look great for GM ATM, the future is looking very bright for EFILive.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Cindy are you guys looking into ford 6.7s at all?

I can answer that and the answer is no sorry, it is doubtful any new light or medium duty Diesel vehicles will ever be added to the software.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast