Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Test Release #1 (Feb 2018)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Beta Test Release #1 (Feb 2018)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.17 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.13 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.130 (Jan 31, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

-
    Last edited by Blacky; May 10th, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

For those customers who have asked about EFILive_XCal, additional information can be found here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cummin...le-conversion/

Once the Feburary beta software is installed, EFILive_XCal can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 directory.

Cheers
    Cindy

Unlock and erase selected controllers E38, E40, E67, LS1B, E54 (LB7) and E60 (LLY), by trying all keys in a user defined range. Stopping and re-starting is now also supported.
    Nice, will give this a shot tonight. I normally use a different app to find the unlock codes.

Will this new method repair controller with the $0333 re-arming issues ?

Thank You !!!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Nice, will give this a shot tonight. I normally use a different app to find the unlock codes.

I tried to find where i could do this, played around with both v8 and 7.5 and it would always say ecu is locked. Or is this feature not intended to do what i was expecting.. i.e start at 0001 and work its way to FFFE until it finds the code.

Lifetime Member

Unlock and erase selected controllers E38, E40, E67, LS1B, E54 (LB7) and E60 (LLY), by trying all keys in a user defined range. Stopping and re-starting is now also supported.

I ran into trouble the other day with a LB7 that was previously flashed with a DSP2 OS that would give me a locked controller warning and a failed flash when trying to do a full with a DSP5 OS. I had to full flash the stock file and then full the DSP5 OS to make it take, is this going to help with that or is this going to help with a corrupted ECM serial/vin?
    Last edited by rcr1978; February 3rd, 2018 at 05:08 AM. Reason: left out info
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I normally use a different app to find the unlock codes.
    Not everyone has access to that program (I'm thinking of the one that was on Ebay for a while there). Anyway, point is lots of shops asked for this because they were fed up with organising new ECM's or sending them away to be unlocked.
    The difference is we've taken the trouble to help tuners by not just unlocking the ECM and then allowing the unlocker to read back the tune, it is an unlock and flash process in one. That would be the number one complaint with that other tool, it allows thieves to steal tunes. If that doesn't suit people then they need to use the tool you do.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Will this new method repair controller with the $0333 re-arming issues ?
    It would eventually unlock it but the LB7 ECM has issues with locking itself, we can't fix that unfortunately. And I'm sure you've been burnt with TIS locking them up too? Not the best design from GM (Isuzu).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I tried to find where i could do this, played around with both v8 and 7.5 and it would always say ecu is locked. Or is this feature not intended to do what i was expecting.. i.e start at 0001 and work its way to FFFE until it finds the code.
    The option is only available in the cal-flash section.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unlock_range.png 
Views:	321 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	21807

The controller is erased and unlocked once the key is found. The key is not revealed.
    The restart option is required if you want to stop it and restart it again without re-trying all the keys that have already been tried. That is because the keys are tried in a random order in the range specified.

For example if the range was from 1 to 20 the first 5 keys tried might be 3, 18, 12, 4 and 8. If you stopped it after 5 unlock attempts and naively restarted it using the range 6-20 (thinking that it had already tried keys 1-5), then it would never have try keys 1, 2 or 5. And it would have tried 18, 12 and 8 twice - once in the first attempt and once in the retried attempt.

If you click the [Stop] button to interrupt the range unlock, it saves the "to" and "from" keys, the attempt counter and the key that it was up to in the EFILiveScanAndTune.ini file. That way it can successfully restart (when you check the [Restart] box) from where it was up to - but obviously only for the same controller that was interrupted.

Regards
    Paul

I assume it requires no License to perform the process ?

I have a WORKSHOP CABLE, but for those that do not, is there licensing required ?

And will a STOCK TUNE be needed to enable the CAL FLASH ? Or in the case of a locked controller with DSP5 how is that handled for LB7's.

Thanks Again !!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I assume it requires no License to perform the process ?

I have a WORKSHOP CABLE, but for those that do not, is there licensing required ?

And will a STOCK TUNE be needed to enable the CAL FLASH ? Or in the case of a locked controller with DSP5 how is that handled for LB7's.

Thanks Again !!
    No, the target ECM does not need to be licensed. However to flash back in a valid calibration the ECM will need to be licensed.
    Once the key is found the ECM is cal-erased and left in a dead-poll and unlocked state.
    The ECM must then be cal-flashed with whatever file is compatible with the controller's OS or full-flashed with whatever file is compatible with the controller hardware/boot block.

The tune that is loaded while performing the unlock does not need to be compatible with the target controller as it is not flashed into the controller. But it is a good idea to have a valid tune file ready to flash back in once it has been unlocked/erased - otherwise the ECM will be non-function without a calibration in it.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast