Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pro Tuning License

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    If the 2018 ECM is still using Service Number 55485591 then you have a reasonable chance of it working ok (assuming all the other modules on the 2018's will talk to the 2017 OS alright).
    Where did you get that info? all the files i have indicate controller service numbers of "55591599", not "5545591", all the way back to the very first OS i have "55493455"
    Does that indicate ive gone mad or was that a typo, or was i looking in the wrong place?

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread but what benefits could I have from the pro tuning licence
    Not really much at this stage, it just allows people to bypass some of the safety checks we have in place (like being able to flash mismatched OS's).

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    Where did you get that info? all the files i have indicate controller service numbers of "55591599", not "5545591", all the way back to the very first OS i have "55493455"
    Does that indicate ive gone mad or was that a typo, or was i looking in the wrong place?
    I got the number off the sticker on the 2017 ECM I have here.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Not really much at this stage, it just allows people to bypass some of the safety checks we have in place (like being able to flash mismatched OS's).

I got the number off the sticker on the 2017 ECM I have here.
    Are you in the motherland or the USA? Is the service number in the calibration info not the same as the sticker?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The motherland, LOL. I'm not in the USA but the ECM I am looking at is from the US.
    Now I see what you are referring to with the cal info, that number is manually entered, it is not pulled from the file so don't rely on what is in there as gospel.

Funny thing is we can't win on that field, if we have all the service numbers people read that as 'this file will work in all those service numbers shown' or on the flip side like you've just seen with one number missing it's confusing as well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

The motherland, LOL. I'm not in the USA but the ECM I am looking at is from the US.
    Now I see what you are referring to with the cal info, that number is manually entered, it is not pulled from the file so don't rely on what is in there as gospel.

Funny thing is we can't win on that field, if we have all the service numbers people read that as 'this file will work in all those service numbers shown' or on the flip side like you've just seen with one number missing it's confusing as well.
    Now I get it.... I'll have to check my ecm and others to confirm... But even at that, it's still something I need to try. Like you said, running changes for a new model year, and that's exactly my problem. There is a running change that affects my18 and I need around that, even at the price of a brick... I'm not just wanting 4430, I would try 8105 first since it it supported...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

Problem:
    We have a patient in the programming environment, we have an ecm, pro license, and the files all prepared... We go to flash, $0540... Any insight?
    Attempting 4430 into 8116

Target os is filled in as 55508116, file is signed with v2 connected... should the pro license not skip the $0540?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Are you black box flashing using an AutoCal device?
    The file that is being flashed must have the target OS set to 55508116 which means the target controller MUST have that 55508116 operating system installed in it.
    In that case the AutoCal will display "OS ALERT","CONTINUE", at that point the user must press "Ok" on AutoCal's keypad to allow that tune file to be flashed over the top of the existing 55508116 OS.

Other things to check if you are black box flashing with AutoCal:
    make sure you have the latest firmware in the AutoCal.
    make sure you have the latest support files installed on the AutoCal in the [Config] file system.

Or are you flashing using pass-thru with the FlashScan that has the Pro license?
    In that case you don't need to fill in the Target OS field. You just need to check the check box that allows overrides in the warning dialog box that will appear when flashing.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Are you black box flashing using an AutoCal device?
    The file that is being flashed must have the target OS set to 55508116 which means the target controller MUST have that 55508116 operating system installed in it.
    In that case the AutoCal will display "OS ALERT","CONTINUE", at that point the user must press "Ok" on AutoCal's keypad to allow that tune file to be flashed over the top of the existing 55508116 OS.

Other things to check if you are black box flashing with AutoCal:
    make sure you have the latest firmware in the AutoCal.
    make sure you have the latest support files installed on the AutoCal in the [Config] file system.

Or are you flashing using pass-thru with the FlashScan that has the Pro license?
    In that case you don't need to fill in the Target OS field. You just need to check the check box that allows overrides in the warning dialog box that will appear when flashing.

Regards
    Paul
    Weve tried BBX w/ autocal and PassThru w/ autocal, both error with $0540... Will have the autocal firmware and config files checked/updated \nnn/
    The recipient ecm does in fact have that os on board, which is why we are using that 4430 specimen to get off that... There are things in that os that dont play well... GM did some things in there... I cant confirm what they did, only that something was done in regards to tampering triggers...
    Thanks Paul

Lifetime Member

How do i code tag a user? "@" doesnt populate a user list?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    Weve tried BBX w/ autocal and PassThru w/ autocal, both error with $0540... Will have the autocal firmware and config files checked/updated \nnn/
    The recipient ecm does in fact have that os on board, which is why we are using that 4430 specimen to get off that... There are things in that os that dont play well... GM did some things in there... I cant confirm what they did, only that something was done in regards to tampering triggers...
    Thanks Paul
    The "Target OS" field is only used when black-box flashing. It is ignored in pass-thru mode.
    In pass-thru mode the pass-thru device MUST have the Pro License installed on it - which means only FlashScan devices can override the target OS in pass-thru mode.

Can you send a pass-thu trace file to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast