Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CM2100A Reads with V2 but will not flash

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Well you are the first to mention it in 5 years
    To be fair though, in the Dodge tuning world it is just a commonly known thing about the CM2100 ECM so I suppose most people are aware of it (it sounds like you are from the big rig world from what you've previously posted)..
    Fair enough. Never too late to improve something that is already good instead of just accepting it the way it is.

Yes, I am from the heavy-duty world and everything else in between. I have been designing and building dyno control systems for gasoline and diesel engines for several years and recently started using your product. I blend a lot of technologies and applications to produce stand alone systems.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    My protected ECM has no label on it sorry.
    Keep in mind that the Cummins OEM tools only flash via J1939, as far as I know the CM2100 only verifies the calibration digital signatures when flashed via OBD-II, not via J1939. The unlocking of the ECM via CalTerm is a different thing than what we are dealing with here, this was a specific Dodge security request I would say as I've never seen it active on any other Cummins ECM.
    For what it's worth...Today I inspected the digital signature verification. I bench programmed a rom-booted CM2100A P/N 5258003 for a 2008 Dodge Ram 6.7L with Calterm on J1939 only using the Cummins calibration. I used Calterm to enter the ESN and VIN and installed it in the truck. I verified the flash with wiTECH on OBDII, programmed the key, and entered the injector quantity adjustments and the engine started right up with no DTCs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12