Thread: A couple of questions (Newbie)...............

Default A couple of questions (Newbie)...............

If I'm waiting for my WB to come and just want to check out my AFR using the scanner, should I disable the MAF, or is it alright to keep it turned on? Do you have any suggestions as to some other things that I should turn off/on before trying to tune my car?

Is it more important to log LTFT's or STFT's (or both) to get a better idea to how she's running?

Also, if I want to raise my shift rpm from 5900 to 6100, how would I do that?
    I think that I figured it out, but want to make sure that the shift rpm and the speed at which the gears change don't get messed up.

I Really Appreciate the help in advance!

Thank You!

Hey there, just read up on the autotune tutorial included in the help of the software. Thats what you need to do. Log ltft stft and o2 mv, there is info on rough estimation of afr based on o2 mv.

As for shiftpoints, take a look at the autotrans tutorial thread, there is a doc in there that will help you a lot.

Bottom line, backup your current tune, then make MINOR adjustments to your tune as you learn. Once you get a handle on it you can dive right in and change what you like. Just start slow so you dont bust anything.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Thanks Ringram!

So, I can use the auto VE tutorial without a WB02 for now and just leave out the parts that refer back to the WB?

I looked through the Trans tutorial that JoeCar put together, but my thing is that I have a 2001 C5 Vette that has an FLP level IV trans in it and they are partially vacuum modulated. I don't know if this makes a difference in the tuning of it or not. I'm going to call FLP later today and ask them.

Thanks again! I Appreciate the help!