Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 Explorer will not open (running on VMware Fusion)

Default V8 Explorer will not open (running on VMware Fusion)

downloaded the most recent software and can get the scan and tune program to open but the explorer will not open. keep getting an exception error pop up saying there was an accessviolation in module efilive.explorer.exe. access violation of address 007A5BB7. read of address 00000000.
    anyone dealt with this? a simple uninstall/reinstall has not fixed the issue.
    Last edited by joecar; February 28th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.

Which version of V8 do you have installed...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Try deleting the file \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveExplorer.ini - just in case there are some settings that are corrupted and/or causing problems with the software.
    Please save a copy of the ini file before deleting it. If deleting the file fixes the problem, can you please send me the saved version that was causing the problem.

If that doesn't work, try this:
    When you double click on the EFILive Explorer icon on the desktop hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard. That will force the EFILive_Explorer.exe (and EFILive_Hapi.exe) programs to create xxx_StartupLog.txt files in \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace.

Send files to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I should have mentioned earlier: I am running the program through VMWare on my mac. I have seen this done in the past without the issues I am experiencing.

I have installed/reinstalled/updated to most current version of windows, VMware, V8 software. i have tried this multiple times without getting past the V8 Explorer issue. Scan & Tune program works without issue.
    I do not have a file called \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILiveExplorer.ini after installing the software. i have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and I can never locate this file.

I also do not know how to force the EFILive_Explorer.exe and Hapi to create startup logs, as i do not have the control key on my mac. is there another way to create the logs?

I can send screenshots of what I am seeing if that helps?

Yes, please post screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmitz1867 View Post
    I also do not know how to force the EFILive_Explorer.exe and Hapi to create startup logs, as i do not have the control key on my mac. is there another way to create the logs?
    I think holding down CTRL and clicking on the Explorer icon in VMware will do the equivalent of a right-click - which is not what you need.
    I think holding down CTRL+OPTION and double clicking on the Explorer icon in VMware will do a Ctrl+Left-click.

Regards
    Paul

[attach=config]21836[/attachClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.49.15 AM.png 
Views:	228 
Size:	341.3 KB 
ID:	21836Click image for larger version. 

Views:	228 
ID:	21836

that worked well. NOT. this is what i am seeing when try to open the program, what i see when i try to access the config file through documents folder as directed, where i can locate the software (C drive), and what i see in the Config folder. i cannot locate the files directed to search for. also when i try to use control+option to run explorer and hapi program, i do not even have the trace folder to look for startup logs.
    what now?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.48.18 AM.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	209.5 KB 
ID:	21837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.47.08 AM.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	226.7 KB 
ID:	21838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 7.49.30 AM.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	282.1 KB 
ID:	21839   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	177 
ID:	21840  

Quote Originally Posted by mschmitz1867 View Post
    that worked well. NOT. this is what i am seeing when try to open the program, what i see when i try to access the config file through documents folder as directed, where i can locate the software (C drive), and what i see in the Config folder. i cannot locate the files directed to search for. also when i try to use control+option to run explorer and hapi program, i do not even have the trace folder to look for startup logs.
    what now?
    Have you started the "EFILive V8 Scan And Tune" software at least once? Running it will create all the folders necessary for the other software (like EFILive_Explorer) to use. I.e. it will create the \Documents\EFILive\V8 folder and the required sub folders. Maybe that is all it will take to get EFILive_Explorer to run without error.

To be honest I don't think I've ever run EFILive Explorer first on a clean install (before the Documents\EFILive folder is created by Scan and Tune). I will investigate and see if that does cause a problem.

Regards
    Paul

I ran the scan and tune application and it did create the files in the \Documents folder that you mentioned. the ...explorer.exe file still cannot be located here. i also cannot get anything to show up in the Trace folder using the suggested control+option method of opening the explorer. attached is what i see in the Config folder, and the contents of the V8 folder. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.25.50 PM.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	205.6 KB 
ID:	21842Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 6.27.00 PM.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	193.8 KB 
ID:	21843

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast