Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: V8 Explorer will not open (running on VMware Fusion)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Does EFILive_Explorer start without error now? Or do you still get the error?
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Still getting the error.

I am also not able to connect the autocal after reinstalling the program and Microsoft updates. Error:$0020:efilive usb driver dll not loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmitz1867 View Post
    I am also not able to connect the autocal after reinstalling the program and Microsoft updates. Error:$0020:efilive usb driver dll not loaded.
    Try using the EFILive_USBManager to un-install, then re-install the USB drivers.
    Regards
    Paul

I ran the scan and tune application and it did create the files in the \Documents folder that you mentioned. the ...explorer.exe file still cannot be located here. i also cannot get anything to show up in the Trace folder using the suggested control+option method of opening the explorer. attached is what i see in the Config folder, and the contents of the V8 folder.
    A new beta version of EFILive has been posted here: https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...e-2-(Feb-2018)

A new command line option was added to EFILive_Explorer.exe called "/Log" that, when appended to the "Target" field of the EFILive EXplorer's shortcut properties window, will generate the start up log file.
    So try changing the shortcut that starts EFILive Explorer to have /Log at the end of it, like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startuplog.png 
Views:	218 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	21850

Regards
    Paul

i still cannot get the scan and tune program to recognize my autocal. I have tried using the usbmanager tool to uninstall and reinstall new drivers. the uninstall appears to work, but nothing happens when I follow the prompt to unplug and replug the autocal device to the computer to install the new drivers.

why cant we just schedule a time to run a simple webex program so you can see what I am experiencing and fix it?

why cant we just schedule a time to run a simple webex program so you can see what I am experiencing and fix it?
    You are running this on a Mac in a virtual machine - right? If so, that is not something that EFILive officially supports, therefor it's not something that we can fix. If the drivers are not loading correctly then there is most likely some configuration in the VM that is not correctly emulating a real Windows installation. We are not VMWare experts and can't diagnose problems with VMWare configurations on MacOS or Windows.

However, I am still trying to help you to help yourself by adding the new /Log option to EFILive Explorer. Did you try that yet? What showed up in the startup log file?

Regards
    Paul

good news! i have deleted the virtual machine and reinstalled a new virtual machine, and first attempt the Scan and Tune tool AND V8 Explorer opened!
    the bad news: Everything seems to work successfully now, EXCEPT for the autocal not connecting. i still get the $0020 USB driver DLL not loaded error when trying to connect the autocal. I still cannot get the drivers to load. is there a possibility that my cable is bad? or is there another way i can get the drivers to load rather than through the USB manager? i can look at the autocal and see on the display that i have the correct boot block and firmware and stuff.

SOLVED.
    thank you for allowing me to fix this issue 100% on my own!
    If anyone experiences any of the EFI Live applications to not load in the VMWare Fusion parallel, Delete the Virtual machine through Window --> Virtual machine library. right click and shut down the current virtual machine and reinstall a new Virtual Machine.
    If anyone experiences the Virtual Machine not allowing the USB port to connect, Shut down the VM, reboot the Mac, open System Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy. In the General tab, there may be a prompt that says VMWare fusion has been blocked blah blah blah, click allow, and restart the Virtual Machine. If this does not fix, Shut down the virtual machine through the Virtual Machine tab at the top of the screen, then scroll down to the USB & Bluetooth icon and open USB & Bluetooth Settings. If a USB is present showing EFILIVE hardware, the USB compatibility may need to be switched from 3.0 to USB 2.0. this worked for me. IF that does not work, you may need to either Add the Device, or remove the USB Controller and re-add the USB controller. I did not have this option as i have a mac with no USB port.
    The Autocal or V2 device not connecting is most definitely a mac issue and not a hardware or VMware Fusion issue. Google searching USB port not showing up in VMWare Fusion model XXX will help with different variations of solving the issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast