Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: V8 Explorer will not open (running on VMware Fusion)

all of this to recalibrate my speedo.......

Quote Originally Posted by mschmitz1867 View Post
    SOLVED.
    thank you for allowing me to fix this issue 100% on my own!
    If anyone experiences any of the EFI Live applications to not load in the VMWare Fusion parallel, Delete the Virtual machine through Window --> Virtual machine library. right click and shut down the current virtual machine and reinstall a new Virtual Machine.
    If anyone experiences the Virtual Machine not allowing the USB port to connect, Shut down the VM, reboot the Mac, open System Preferences and navigate to Security & Privacy. In the General tab, there may be a prompt that says VMWare fusion has been blocked blah blah blah, click allow, and restart the Virtual Machine. If this does not fix, Shut down the virtual machine through the Virtual Machine tab at the top of the screen, then scroll down to the USB & Bluetooth icon and open USB & Bluetooth Settings. If a USB is present showing EFILIVE hardware, the USB compatibility may need to be switched from 3.0 to USB 2.0. this worked for me. IF that does not work, you may need to either Add the Device, or remove the USB Controller and re-add the USB controller. I did not have this option as i have a mac with no USB port.
    The Autocal or V2 device not connecting is most definitely a mac issue and not a hardware or VMware Fusion issue. Google searching USB port not showing up in VMWare Fusion model XXX will help with different variations of solving the issue.
    Thanks for your explanation, I'll sticky this thread.

all of this to recalibrate my speedo.......
    This stuff happens all the time, in all domains... one example (of many): to replace the transmission extension housing seal on my TA, the factory catback blocks the driveshaft, so the catback has to be removed, but the rear axle blocks the catback (since the catback is all one-piece, from the factory), so the rear axle has to be dropped... all that just to change a stupid $1.00 seal that was leaking

but I did get better acquainted with rear axles, differentials, and rear suspensions (and those devolved into another set of tangents) me -> <- they

Lifetime Member

EFILive states they do not support installation on anything but a native Windows computer/hardware. You are using an unsupported configuration and expecting them to understand your unique problem and assist with fixing it. That is not a realistic ask in my opinion. Paul also added functionality to the product to assist you with this issue...

Glad you were able to resolved the issue and thanks for posting back for others.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

SOLVED.
    You got a Windows machine then?

P.S - Nobody bites harder than a Mac user being mocked, don't take offence it was a joke.
    Last edited by GMPX; February 28th, 2018 at 10:29 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX

P.S - Nobody bites harder than a Mac user being mocked, don't take offence it was a joke.
    I need this on a t-shirt!
    2001 Camaro SS
    EFILive Custom OS3

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

SOLVED.
    thank you for allowing me to fix this issue 100% on my own!
    Congrats, thanks for the trouble shooting work you did figuring out the VMWare stuff. The info you posted will probably save a lot of time and headaches for other users who want to do the same thing.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I also do not know how to force the EFILive_Explorer.exe and Hapi to create startup logs, as i do not have the control key on my mac.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agustina View Post
    I also do not know how to force the EFILive_Explorer.exe and Hapi to create startup logs, as i do not have the control key on my mac.
    See post #15, earlier in this thread.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123