Thread: Water Injection Question Should be simple

Default Water Injection Question Should be simple

I have a water injection kit from snows that goes off of map pressure. The engine in question is a supercharged ls6. the pulley on the blower is a 5 pound pulley but my VE changes through the revs so I hit 9 pounds at 3600 RPM and drop down to 3 at redline. I'm fine with the engine almost catching up to the blower since I'm trying to be conservative and I could safely get another 5k RPM out of the blower. My problem is with a kit that injects water based off of manifold pressure, would the low VE which is causing the 9 pounds of manifold pressure lead to too much water being injected at that particular time? I'm also thinking 9 pounds of boost is 9 pounds of heat as well. I'm running straight water injection for max knock resistance. Any advice would be appreciated.

My immediate thought would be either find the boost leak or fix the belt slip - dropping boost as revs increase ain’t normal!

But yes, boost is heat

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica

I'll probably run the progressive controller since 9 pounds is the same density regardless of what speed the engine is spinning if that sounds correct. please let me know if its not. I just don't want to flood the engine with water. (not hydrolock but seriously hamper combustion efficiency)

I thought I may have had a boost leak but from the blower to the motor isn't more than a few inches and I did have a leaking bypass that I replaced and picked up 4 pounds. I also went with a new exhaust and lost more boost on the top end which leads me to believe the engine is moving towards a higher VE rather than leaking boost. Just trying to make sure I'm spending money on sound logic rather than playing the very expensive guessing game.

Chess is better than busting out the parts cannon in this instance
    Last edited by rover346; February 14th, 2018 at 10:55 AM.

What blower are you using? Worst case is your boost should flat line, if it’s a Centri then it should climb with revs, so if you are not leaking then you’re slipping. Less restrictive exhaust will equal less boost so tgat’s Fine.

Jim
    2000 LS1 M6, No EGR/Air/PS/CATs. TR230 Cam, COS3, OLSD, LC1 Wideband fitted, Procharger P1SC, 2 Bar MAP, Siemans Dekka 60Lb Injectors.
    All wrapped up in a 2000Lb AC Cobra Replica