Thread: Checksums

Default Checksums

Hi all,

Have a question regarding the checksums. I read the stock tune, saved it, then used it to start building off of, the funny thing is that when I am comparing my last tune to the stock file, the checksums are different. If I was continuing to use the same file and make changes to it, why would that differ?

Thanks, just trying to get used to the efilive software, been tuning for a minute using other software, and that was just something I noticed.

If you made changes to the file (so it's not the original file anymore), then its new checksum will be different than the original file.

Thanks!

Hi Joe,

What if you have just read a file from an E40 (2005 Monaro) and it comes up with a checksum error. This is a car which has never been modified or touched?

Would a checksum error in the read indicate a problem wit the ECU if its not been flashed before?

And not being a computer boffin, what does all that checksum stuff mean. Thanks.
    Last edited by MyM8V8; January 29th, 2021 at 10:37 AM.
    2005 HSV Maloo Ute, HKE 457ci Stroker LS2 E40, TFS 245's, 255/263 Hi Lift HUC, FAST LSXr 102, NW Billet 102 TB, FLT Level 7 4L65E, CircleD 4200 stall, Duspeed OTRCAI - Mafless, DF 1 7/8" LT's, 3" DiFilipo Duals, Serial LC-1 WB's

"An Old Dog learning new tricks"