Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Test Release #2 (Feb 2018)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Beta Test Release #2 (Feb 2018)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

The current public release is available here.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.18 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.14 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.131 (Feb 13, 2018) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Flashing a Cummins HD ECM that has had a master password set via Insite will fail with error $0101 right at the start. If the ECM is already in bootmode the ECM erase will fail.
    Workaround:
    Remove the password and / or recover using Insite, EFILive cannot do this to password protected ECM's yet.
    Last edited by Blacky; May 1st, 2018 at 09:38 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

ok one thing to think about after struggles with hidden power shut down settings in my device manager (trying to shut my computer off after 4 hrs)
    I have found if you have a computer shut off unexpected it will not start back where it left off when you hit the restart button.
    If I shut it down it seem to work with the restart button not sure there is a fix for this.

After getting my computer going I was at 18xxx tries in around 55hrs when I turned my power strip off from habit working late and had to start over at 550 where I had done a manual shut off before.
    There may not be a fix for this if not I am still very happy to be testing this, it is like you where reading my mind when you came up with this idea I am very grateful
    for what efilive has done now or in the past.
    I have limited time to deal with getting a ecm sent out or taking a car to a dealer to get vats relinked ect. working at a racing engine shop as a day job

This locked 05 gto has been a nightmare with vats on a new ecm but going to be a good beta test car for the unlocking ecms

All I wanted was a stock tune to start with

Thanks again Efilive rocks

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    ok one thing to think about after struggles with hidden power shut down settings in my device manager (trying to shut my computer off after 4 hrs)
    I have found if you have a computer shut off unexpected it will not start back where it left off when you hit the restart button.
    If I shut it down it seem to work with the restart button not sure there is a fix for this.

After getting my computer going I was at 18xxx tries in around 55hrs when I turned my power strip off from habit working late and had to start over at 550 where I had done a manual shut off before.
    There may not be a fix for this if not I am still very happy to be testing this, it is like you where reading my mind when you came up with this idea I am very grateful
    for what efilive has done now or in the past.
    I have limited time to deal with getting a ecm sent out or taking a car to a dealer to get vats relinked ect. working at a racing engine shop as a day job

This locked 05 gto has been a nightmare with vats on a new ecm but going to be a good beta test car for the unlocking ecms

All I wanted was a stock tune to start with

Thanks again Efilive rocks
    In this beta version, you MUST click on the [STOP] button to force EFILive to save the progress when stopping. You can't just shut down the PC or EFILive won't save the current progress.
    What I might do in the next update is force the progress to be saved after every attempt. That way if the PC shuts down, the current progress will always be up to date.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I should not have a problem any more unless electric is off for 4 hrs
    That might be a good idea to do if it doesn't slow it down sure would be painful 6 days in for some one to loose power from a storm or something that knocks power out.

Lifetime Member

Anyway to remove the beta pop up screen? clicking the do not show this again doesn't do anything.. always pops up.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

In 7.5 Tune, Preferences then Options tab, something appears to be cutoff from the bottom of the screen? Its like there is more at the bottom and needs to scroll but no scroll option?
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    In 7.5 Tune, Preferences then Options tab, something appears to be cutoff from the bottom of the screen? Its like there is more at the bottom and needs to scroll but no scroll option?
    You can drag the bottom of the window down to make it bigger (i.e. so no scoll is needed).

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Anyway to remove the beta pop up screen? clicking the do not show this again doesn't do anything.. always pops up.
    Doesn't pop up anymore for me...

post screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    You can drag the bottom of the window down to make it bigger (i.e. so no scoll is needed).
    Thanks, all good.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Lifetime Member

Default ecm unlock counting backwards

I came home from a test drive and find the flash counter counting backwards looks like it made it to 327xx then started counting backwards.
    Earlier today it was 30xxx with close to half the progress bar to go.
    so I hit the quit button then tried to restart with the restart button checked it started over at like 561

I did a screen shot of it counting backwards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-02-25 21_40_21-EFILive Scan and Tune.png 
Views:	331 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	21856  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast