Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Test Release #2 (Feb 2018)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 69camaro5speed View Post
    I came home from a test drive and find the flash counter counting backwards looks like it made it to 327xx then started counting backwards.
    Earlier today it was 30xxx with close to half the progress bar to go.
    so I hit the quit button then tried to restart with the restart button checked it started over at like 561

I did a screen shot of it counting backwards
    It's not actually counting backwards, it's just a display issue. Unfortunately it appears that the display issue also caused the "save where I'm up to" option to save the wrong position - so the restart did not work correctly. We'll get that fixed in the next update.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

ok I can wait or run it again that was 5 days worth but really just testing to see if it will figure it out so i can get some money I lost back and help with testing this.
    I ran it from 568 to 727 it starts over at like 568 again so I am going to start from 0 again and do a restart at say 600 and see what happens.

Lifetime Member

so I did a little more testing ran it to 100 hit the quit button then waited 30 seconds and did a restart it started at 101 right where it should of been.
    Then I got up this morning it was @ 2387 so I did a restart it went to 101 again and not 2388 so it looks like the restart works one time only
    then it restarts there again even if its a higher number next time.

Approximately how long does the unlock process take for a Lb7 ecm? So far we are at unlock attempt 1800 with a small green progress bar at just over 4 hours

Up to 3 days for an LB7, there is no faster way, it is simply trying all Keys over the range it could possibly be.
    Doing it on the bench is really the only way, in a vehicle with the IGN on for up to 3 days isn't ideal at all (in fact, don't do it).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Second go it work took 7 days the counter display was reading incorrect like you said but it worked
    Thanks again another great feature

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Up to 3 days for an LB7, there is no faster way, it is simply trying all Keys over the range it could possibly be.
    Doing it on the bench is really the only way, in a vehicle with the IGN on for up to 3 days isn't ideal at all (in fact, don't do it).
    Ross,

How about adding this feature for the L5P?!? I think at worst what, it would take 7 days?

hahaha

Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitco39 View Post
    Ross,

How about adding this feature for the L5P?!? I think at worst what, it would take 7 days?

hahaha

Kidding.
    LOL, if only it was a seed/key issue with them.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi all,

I am currently unlocking my first E67 that has been tuner locked.
    Did i have to select a stock tune file with same operating system prior to starting the unlock attempts?
    Or can it be any tune file?
    I do have the correct stock file, just didn't select it as i didn't want the stock tune back in.... now it is up to 7500 attempts and would be horrible to restart!

Cheers

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrhr33 View Post
    Hi all,

I am currently unlocking my first E67 that has been tuner locked.
    Did i have to select a stock tune file with same operating system prior to starting the unlock attempts?
    Or can it be any tune file?
    I do have the correct stock file, just didn't select it as i didn't want the stock tune back in.... now it is up to 7500 attempts and would be horrible to restart!

Cheers
    No, it doesn't matter what file you have open. The file is not flashed into the ECM. The ECM is first erased, then unlocked. Then you can flash whatever you want into it.
    If you don't want the ECM erased then you shouldn't be using this option.

Also there is a known issue where the counter will start going backwards after about 32000. That's just the value being displayed wrong, the actual unlock process will still continue correctly.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast