Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random flutter in AFR at idle whith logs, Help please lol.

Already smoked the system as well, no leaks

Quote Originally Posted by curtisdeville View Post
    Hey sorry I havent replied but I have been getting the car ready for the summer! Here is my wideband reading at idle, no check engine light....
    The HO2S11/HO2S21 voltages show that the front sensors are cycling once every 12 seconds, this is way too slow...

WO2LAM1 shows what is going on, and it agrees with the front O2 voltages...

and the pids SAE.FUELSYS-A/B indicate that you're in Closed Loop.

For E38, log SAE.LAMBDA instead of GM.EQIVRATIO

Yes the slow response time was the first thing I noticed so I chanhed out the front o2s with ac delcos from the dealership. It does get quicker obviously as I increase rpms. Is this usual for long tube headers? And sorry about those same pids I just opened a quick pid file and logged it after work so i could get it up here and didnt check em all.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by curtisdeville View Post
    I finally got my wideband in and although the car is commanding 14.68 the wideband is reading a constant up to around 15.4 and down to 13.1 or lambda 1.090ish and 0.950 if i remember right.
    Yep, that's what happens when you fit long tubes. Closed loop fueling is controlled by what's known as a PID controller (proportional–integral–derivative controller). When you fit long tubes, you need to adjust the derivative part of the controller. Unfortunately, that parameter is not available in EFILive for your OS.

Someone please tell me this isnt true. I have way too much invested in this for me not to be able to use efilive to fix it..... Its kinda hard to get started when my afrs are all over the place, what can I do?

Now that i have your info statesman (appreciated beyond beleif) I have been searching the subject and find alot of threads about people in efilivr and hp emailing and asking for support for a closed loop proporfional base vs air flow or similar and Ive read that hp got it for 1010 forward but efilive doesnt? I cant be the only person who installed ltheaders on their camaro or vette and needed access to it....

Is my only option to start going through the tutorials and run it full time ol?

Try this (read thru it first before trying): Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

hmmm, I didn't think long tube headers would slow down the response by that much (1 or more second delay).

Ive been talking with alot of people on other forums and reading all day and the only option i seem to come up with is to bring it in and get it tuned. The whole reason I started reading about tuning and investing in it was because it made sense that I would be able to fix it with a tune good tune but am I really stuck? Before I can even begin? theres got to be some setting, some table some map, its not an uncommon car im working on here and tons of people install lt headers. I dont want to have to pay a tuner the minute i get set up and ready to start my journey with the software. please joecar tell me theres something I can do... please

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast