Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Random flutter in AFR at idle whith logs, Help please lol.

Ive read those a hundred times but in the end I should put it back into cl to be safe no? I live in canada where the temps vary from -40 to +40 let alone the other variables. Plus we dont do the sniffeer test but do have obd2 etests and the car is a daily driver weekend racer lol.

CL is really good for everyday driving where you're not logging every time you run the vehicle...

same with MAF;

i.e. MAF + CL allows the PCM to keep everything good, regardless of tuning and/or weather conditions.

Yes and safer as well by my understanding. The whole reason I invested into this software was to be able to tale control of my cars computer to make it more efficient and overall run better. But I could make the best tune ever made and the car is still going to run horrible as soon as i finish and throw it into closed loop. I took it for a ride last night and the afrs jump from .950 to 1.055 constantly from idle all the way up to 6500 rpms. This is something I really wish I could have found info about before I spent the money and just my luck like always. I jist cant wrap my head around the option not being there. Should be a post somewhere lol, wont help if you have LT headers:(

Does anyone know of a way or other program that you could use to male this change? I really dont want to pick up am hptuner just for this when Ive already made the choice to use efilive... any solutions at all?

let me find out.

Lifetime Member

Don't worry too much about it. Not many people with HPTuners even know how to adjust this properly. It just means that your 02 switching will overshoot a bit more than normal and you'll see this in your wideband readings. Just switch to open loop for your tuning (to minimize fueling errors) and then put it back into closed loop for normal driving. The overshoot will affect fuel economy slightly but won't be noticeable in the way it drives.

Ya Ive been researching this for the last week and Id bet my left nut that most of the posts on forums about 02 problems with headers are because of the time delay. Most of the answers lead to heating problems but it never helps turning them up. I have begun working on an sd tune and it looks like until efilive adds "a Fast o2 coefficients table" or an "o2 transport delay pid" to the software, Im kinda stuck. I find tons of people looking for the solution for this and just letting it go and dealing with it but it does really make your idle crappy and the conputer is constantly behind of fueling. I cant let it go, not sure if my case is a little more extreme than others or not but it sucks and I would imagine is not the best tjing for the engine either.

Lifetime Member

EFILive is never going to add any more tables to your OS. They don't care much for older OS's and their focus is shifting away from gas vehicles. If you ask them nicely, they might supply you with a bin file for your tune. If you can get the bin file, then I can 'try' to find the location of that parameter and write a cax for it. There's no guarantee that I would be able to find it... but I'd have a good look for you if you can get the bin file.

Ill shoot them an email now. Cant hurt to ask I guess. Ill get the bin file somehow if they cant help thanks again man will gey back to this page as soon as I get somewhere.

I have beeb through swingtans e38 amd the autove a hundred tumes and finally unplugged the maf and applied the calibrations to start an sd tune. The car had a real rough time startibg and once it did ran extremely lean at low idle and rich at high idle. is this normal while I am logging the benwbo2 maps?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast