Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Table Request

Lifetime Member

Default Table Request

I know you guys are busy, if you have a chance could you please drop my name in the hat for the following table/feature requests:
    I have a guy with a stockish tune, delimited but nothing added... But is badly over fueled at idle. Using other software I found the problem to be in a table called base qty vs tps... The table commands excess fuel at 600rpm. I am not able to defuel that table, so I sped up the idle speed to get out of that over fueled zone. I would like to keep idle at 750rpm to line up the needle of my tach with the 750 tick. I'm a little obsessive... But the over fuel problem is in that table and I would like to drop the idle back down to 750rpm if you could get that table put in to facilitate defuling. Specific os is *5504430, but my my16 os *5493455 as well

Also
    Is there already mapped out, a way to rescale injection timing axis? The max mm3 value is 120mm, but would like to change that to 130mm3 and rescale the rest of the cells. I can change the labels, but i suspect thats different than changing the axis, can you confirm?

Similar to the SOI tables being commanded out of range:
    If using the torque to fuel tables, and i commanded 130mm3 at the top, how does the ecm handle the injector pulse lookup when the pulse table is maxed at 120mm3

Could you explain a little about how the ecm handles looking up SOI for say a torque to fuel value of 130mm3 when the SOI mm3 axis is maxed at 120mm3. Does the ecm use the same SOI values from 120mm3 column and just inject a hair later if 130mm3 is being called for? Or does the ecm extrapolate from the 120mm3 column outward to fuel 130mm3?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hacklerjason; March 8th, 2018 at 05:28 PM.

Interested in this also.

Lifetime Member

go away jordan

Lifetime Member

Just kidding! lol me love you long time

Quote Originally Posted by hacklerjason View Post
    a table called base qty vs tps...
    E98 was just getting new OS's added at this stage, but we'll keep this in mind when they are being worked on next (like when someone sends in a 2018 Colorado file).

Is there already mapped out, a way to rescale injection timing axis? The max mm3 value is 120mm, but would like to change that to 130mm3 and rescale the rest of the cells. I can change the labels, but i suspect thats different than changing the axis, can you confirm?
    Sorry I'm not sure why they are not showing as axis points that can be edited, it should be possible. I'll look in to that.

If using the torque to fuel tables, and i commanded 130mm3 at the top, how does the ecm handle the injector pulse lookup when the pulse table is maxed at 120mm3
    I would say it just carries the last value through from 120mm3, eg if you have 1100uS at 120mm3 (end of the axis) and you command 140mm3, you will still only get 1100uS.

Could you explain a little about how the ecm handles looking up SOI for say a torque to fuel value of 130mm3 when the SOI mm3 axis is maxed at 120mm3. Does the ecm use the same SOI values from 120mm3 column and just inject a hair later if 130mm3 is being called for? Or does the ecm extrapolate from the 120mm3 column outward to fuel 130mm3?
    I don't think it would assume the difference past 120mm3.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    E98 was just getting new OS's added at this stage, but we'll keep this in mind when they are being worked on next (like when someone sends in a 2018 Colorado file).

Sorry I'm not sure why they are not showing as axis points that can be edited, it should be possible. I'll look in to that.

I would say it just carries the last value through from 120mm3, eg if you have 1100uS at 120mm3 (end of the axis) and you command 140mm3, you will still only get 1100uS.

I don't think it would assume the difference past 120mm3.
    Are you looking for a particular os, or just mentioning for future use?
    I have 8112 & 8116 I can send in if you want them... Lmk

Thanks for the insight... I have a guy that has datalogged above 120mm3 but the pulse table capped at 120mm3 which is why I asked. I kind of imagined what would happen on the timing table, that it would just use the same values from the 120mm3 table. But the pulse table is acting strange in that it does fuel outside of the ranges for that table.

Well if we find the table you are talking about for one Colorado then everyone will want it
    These are very complex (and smart) ECM's, please don't assume we know everything about the full operation of them. In development with remote logging we saw numbers that didn't make sense either, it could very well be that hidden in there is some smart models and algos that pull everything back in to line no matter how far you want to push things outside the boundaries (something that was noted in testing).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Well if we find the table you are talking about for one Colorado then everyone will want it
    These are very complex (and smart) ECM's, please don't assume we know everything about the full operation of them. In development with remote logging we saw numbers that didn't make sense either, it could very well be that hidden in there is some smart models and algos that pull everything back in to line no matter how far you want to push things outside the boundaries (something that was noted in testing).
    Lol
    Did you guys purposely go outside boundaries? Because science?

And you know Ross, I'm not sure everybody would want them. My one guy that needs that table fixed, is about +5000ft from sea level. Quite a bit less air... We estimated 15% less... But despite his baro being at around 12.8psi, we were getting fueling over the table values in those zones. I had to use the other tuning environment to check if there was another table pushing fuel other than the torque to fuel.

Only that 1 guy so far I have come across is over fueled at idle for mid elevation. We all have that same table, but at lower elevations our torque to fuel tables are higher iirc than the base qty vs tps table. The band-aid works, but at the cost of higher rpm, which in this case actually turns out using less fuel... Hmmph

Last edited by hacklerjason; March 8th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.

Did GM not get it right from factory?

Lifetime Member

Did GM not get it right from factory?
    Not in that table... I'll get a photo in a second... But most people will never be able to tell due to the configuration of their exhaust in factory form. The raw diesel smell will burn your eyes, sinus, any mucus membrane at that... Maybe its more so an intentional emissions deal. There is a need for fuel to get catalyst temps correct. That does explain why there would be a global fueling rate, exhaust temp management

Last edited by hacklerjason; March 8th, 2018 at 05:36 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast