Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Table Request

Lifetime Member

His complaint was specifically that it idled very rich. No matter what tables i defueled, i couldnt log lower fuel delivery. I like the idle to be at 750, as it accentuates the rumble made when vanes are commanded open at idle. It sounds like a truck and less like a hair drier. With that, the fix/bandaid was idle at 900r vs 750r ... I could defuel as needed with torque to fuel tables, just lost the rumble in the process since its 100r over the rpm i have for when the vanes start to close
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Qty vs TPS.JPG 
Views:	239 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	21909  
    Last edited by hacklerjason; March 8th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.

Lifetime Member

Ahh i remembered another inquiry... In Scan v8, data logging the various injections... We have 2 pilots in the ecm calibration that supposedly run but i can only log when one of them is on/off... Specific PID is IEASTAT under GM Enhanced... Is this a limitation of scan v8?

It'll just be the PID itself, GM defined its operation not EFILive.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The table you've shown above I don't think is a base fuel to mm3 table based on TPS for idle, I think it is fuel limiter when torque reduction is active. Obviously I can't see in HPT where you've pulled that from but is it in the Trq reduction group?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I found it in the Main Injection params... I was attempting to defuel by reducing the torque to fuel tables, and i was not able to reduce fuel using that table. I had reduced to a value that should not have run, but continued to idle with no reductions in fuel per datalogs. I was able to get an improvement by increasing rpm to 900, which coincides with what i should be seeing per that "base qty" table. There is something that i am aware of from my experience, that the main torque to fuel tables are way wrong in the other guys software. That is the specific reason i stopped using it on the e98. It does not line up with data logs. The mm3 values are scaled in a way that the tables only show 50% of the value. Anyways that beyond the point... This particular truck, the operator complained about excessive smell, even while in the cab. He is +5000ft elevation, Baro reports 12.038psi. I was able to raise idle speed to 900rpm and there was a large improvement, but still has a lingering smell
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Qty vs TPS.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	21927

While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.
    That is definitely fuel related, on a diesel

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

you are correct, i had my head in "petrol land" as i was looking at some e38 stuff when i wrote this. lol.

Lifetime Member

Following up

in a couple of months i'm going to be adding another turbo to mine for a compound setup, so I would be happy to test/play around with vane control too if we can get them added over time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast