Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Table Request

Lifetime Member

His complaint was specifically that it idled very rich. No matter what tables i defueled, i couldnt log lower fuel delivery. I like the idle to be at 750, as it accentuates the rumble made when vanes are commanded open at idle. It sounds like a truck and less like a hair drier. With that, the fix/bandaid was idle at 900r vs 750r ... I could defuel as needed with torque to fuel tables, just lost the rumble in the process since its 100r over the rpm i have for when the vanes start to close
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Qty vs TPS.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	21909  
    Last edited by hacklerjason; March 8th, 2018 at 05:43 PM.

Lifetime Member

Ahh i remembered another inquiry... In Scan v8, data logging the various injections... We have 2 pilots in the ecm calibration that supposedly run but i can only log when one of them is on/off... Specific PID is IEASTAT under GM Enhanced... Is this a limitation of scan v8?

It'll just be the PID itself, GM defined its operation not EFILive.
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.

The table you've shown above I don't think is a base fuel to mm3 table based on TPS for idle, I think it is fuel limiter when torque reduction is active. Obviously I can't see in HPT where you've pulled that from but is it in the Trq reduction group?
    Need official EFILive help, please go here.
    For tuning support please post your questions on this forum (or other auto forums).
    Sorry if I don't respond to your PM, don't take it personal.

Lifetime Member

I found it in the Main Injection params... I was attempting to defuel by reducing the torque to fuel tables, and i was not able to reduce fuel using that table. I had reduced to a value that should not have run, but continued to idle with no reductions in fuel per datalogs. I was able to get an improvement by increasing rpm to 900, which coincides with what i should be seeing per that "base qty" table. There is something that i am aware of from my experience, that the main torque to fuel tables are way wrong in the other guys software. That is the specific reason i stopped using it on the e98. It does not line up with data logs. The mm3 values are scaled in a way that the tables only show 50% of the value. Anyways that beyond the point... This particular truck, the operator complained about excessive smell, even while in the cab. He is +5000ft elevation, Baro reports 12.038psi. I was able to raise idle speed to 900rpm and there was a large improvement, but still has a lingering smell
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Base Qty vs TPS.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	21927

While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    While not fuel related, I still would like to get the multiplier & adder tables for SOI timing.
    That is definitely fuel related, on a diesel

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

you are correct, i had my head in "petrol land" as i was looking at some e38 stuff when i wrote this. lol.

Lifetime Member

Following up

in a couple of months i'm going to be adding another turbo to mine for a compound setup, so I would be happy to test/play around with vane control too if we can get them added over time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast