I've had an absolute motherfucker of a time trying to get this stupid big block to act like a big block. For the longest time I blamed the stock tune, this truck drives unlike anything I've driven GM or otherwise. With a 4000 RPM big block, this thing sure seems to love its redline. Part throttle it REFUSES to upshift and the thing also will NOT hold a damn gear past what feels like 40% without reaching for the next so it's never at atmospheric at torque peak, rather revving its face off at 4000 RPM for no reason. I based a lot of my trans stuff on my 1500 as it moves with much less throttle input, upshifts far more aggressively, doesn't take 10 seconds to lock the converter, and doesn't downshift at the sight of a damn hill. One day I had an epiphany as I suddenly realized this truck was not hitting atmospheric prior to a downshift. Made sense to me that WOT seemed on par with what I expected and part throttle sucked so damn bad. Both 350 and 454 came stock with a 75mm TB, so I bought an 85mm for the 454. Slightly better response, but nowhere near what I was expecting. I figured it'd artificially fix the upshifts and downshifts but it had very little effect on those whatsoever. I calculated that the 85mm would have around a 27% increase in airflow, maybe I should have sprung for the 90. It just seems like the speed values I program in, no matter how I skew them, are simply ignored. My logs indicate that the speed EFILive displays on its dash is accurate within a couple and the speedometer in the truck is within 1 mph so I really don't know what to make of this. The 1 ton will, at this point, get out towed by a half ton simply because the half ton will lug a damn gear. It's pretty sad that I'm about to change plans this weekend to tow with the otherwise inferior truck simply because it won't piss me off by making me listen to it at 4000 RPM for 5 hours. Attached is the current dually tune and the current 1500 tune.

Dually Attempt #15 Timing Bump.tun
411 Whipple V18 Stomp + 20%.tun