Thread: Highlighted log data not tracking right in tune tool.

Default Highlighted log data not tracking right in tune tool.

While selecting logged data and reviewing it in the tune table B0720 main injection pulse the MPa columns doesn't track right. It hasn't worked for a long time for me. I just updated everything to the latest and greatest for the public. build 7.5.16 from a 2 year old version that did the same thing. I log via black box logging Pids GM.MAIN1Q_DMA and GM.FPR_C. What odd is I run a DSP tune and in the base tune the selected data always tracks as 190MPa and in the DSPs it always tracks as 0MPa. Maybe the problem is the PID?
    Last edited by Dozerboy; March 17th, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
    06 GMC 2500 CCSB SLT LBZ 4X4

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Default Highlighted log data not tracking right in tune tool.

Here is the pid info

Selected log data

Tracking in DSP tune tool
    Last edited by Dozerboy; March 17th, 2018 at 02:31 PM.

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Bump anyone got a suggestion? I don

Post your tune and log files, let me take a look.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerboy View Post
    Bump anyone got a suggestion? I don
    The PID units in the tune tool window and the PID units in the scan tool [PID F8] tab page must match.
    You can change the units for the tune table in the tune tool using Edit->Configure display units...
    The PID units system (Metric/Imperial) can be changed in the [PID F8] tab page by right-clicking on the PID.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The PID units in the tune tool window and the PID units in the scan tool [PID F8] tab page must match.
    You can change the units for the tune table in the tune tool using Edit->Configure display units...
    The PID units system (Metric/Imperial) can be changed in the [PID F8] tab page by right-clicking on the PID.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul,
    Maybe Im not doing something right, but I can change the units in the tuning tool via the edit-config-all-imperial/metric. It make no difference which units all the other tables in the tune track fine. Same thing if I change the units on the scan tool.
    The only thing I see the doesnt match up is in the first picture I posted of the PID properties. Where I activated the custom PID to MPa over kPa. However over on the Slected PIDs screen of Options.txt under units it says kMa still. Maybe that doesn't matter since its calculated.

FYI Joe has my tune and log and its taking a look at it.

Paul,

I had a look at his tune/log files...

the problem is the tunetool link pid is GM.FRP_C, whereas in the scantool logged SAE.FRP_C.

( also, not necessarily related, in the tunetool's Configure Display Units, there are quite a few tables where the Col Units or Row Units are empty, this prevents selecting Metric/Imperial )