Thread: V2 AD Inputs Stopped Working

Default V2 AD Inputs Stopped Working

Hi All

For some reason all of my AD inputs have stopped working. I have tried to rebuild the V2's config files again using the software. Tried reflashing the BBX etc.

When I start to log the PID is there but its just registering 0.00V. I remember when I use to pull the input out during logging it would always show 0.10v but now it shows nothing.

I'm not sure if I have to send it back to EFI for repairs, so I figured I'd ask the community.

P.S I've also tested my AEM WB with a multimeter and it is sending an output etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by PHLTHS; March 29th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.
    HSV W427 / HSV SportsCat SV

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The A/D calibrations may have been lost/deleted whihc will cause the 0-5V value displayed by FlashScan to not match the actual raw A/D counts. You can check the raw A/D input counts by using the option on FlashScan: F4: Options -> F4 F4 Self Tests -> F4 (factory tests - menu not shown but F4 will select it anyway). Then press [Ok] to the next window about ALD, VPW and CAN testing.

The 4 values onm the second last row of the display will show the raw A/D counts. They should show values less than about 5 counts =V and somewhere around 600-700 counts = 5V. If those values are changing in response to various voltages applied to the 5V inputs, then the A/D inputs need to be re-calibrated. You can do that using the EFILive V8 Control Panel on the [F5: Calibrate A/D] tab page. Click the [Info] button on that page for instructions.

If the A/D counts do not change when a voltage is applied to the orange 5V inputs, then you may need to send it back to EFILive in NZ for repair. Contact support@efilive.com for more info on how to do that.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The A/D calibrations may have been lost/deleted whihc will cause the 0-5V value displayed by FlashScan to not match the actual raw A/D counts. You can check the raw A/D input counts by using the option on FlashScan: F4: Options -> F4 F4 Self Tests -> F4 (factory tests - menu not shown but F4 will select it anyway). Then press [Ok] to the next window about ALD, VPW and CAN testing.

The 4 values onm the second last row of the display will show the raw A/D counts. They should show values less than about 5 counts =V and somewhere around 600-700 counts = 5V. If those values are changing in response to various voltages applied to the 5V inputs, then the A/D inputs need to be re-calibrated. You can do that using the EFILive V8 Control Panel on the [F5: Calibrate A/D] tab page. Click the [Info] button on that page for instructions.

If the A/D counts do not change when a voltage is applied to the orange 5V inputs, then you may need to send it back to EFILive in NZ for repair. Contact support@efilive.com for more info on how to do that.

Regards
    Paul
    Hi Paul

Thank you for getting back to my post.

I think I'm in luck. I've completed the test you said and I can see the counts changing but I cannot see anything that =V.

I've attached a picture of the test, can you please tell if all looks ok and I'll just perform the recalibration?

Thank you for your time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V2 Test.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	539.5 KB 
ID:	21978
    HSV W427 / HSV SportsCat SV