Thread: LMM Tunes with turbo brake

Default LMM Tunes with turbo brake

Hello,
    I have had EFI Live on my truck for years now with the 5 position switch. I only tow with the truck 15k-18k My question is, Should I use turbo brake tunes? The truck is stock with stock size tires Crew cab LTZ Dually. Thanks in advance

Most will say depends on tune and u have to look at tunes to see but most tunes today the tow tune is setting 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy ashley View Post
    Most will say depends on tune and u have to look at tunes to see but most tunes today the tow tune is setting 4
    Is this pretty standard.i was told years ago when this was installed 1 was stock 2 was tow 3-4 we're performance and 5 was smoke tune. I'm looking for a reputable shop to update and give me tunes with towing in mind . I'm in central Ohio. Thanks

Way I understand most shop tunes now days is,1-stock,, 2-optimized stock,, 3- tow,, 4- street,,5- race

Still need help finding a reputable shop in Ohio to install brake tune for towing. Thanks

Do you have a V2 to flash in tunes, or are you looking for a tuner. I'm guessing you currently have longhorn since you said it has a smoke tune, and that's there signature tune. If you have a V2, I've got a tune I can send you. And a turbo brake tune for towing is worth it's weight in gold imho. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much less brake application is required.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Street View Post
    Still need help finding a reputable shop in Ohio to install brake tune for towing. Thanks
    Where in OH are you?

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    Do you have a V2 to flash in tunes, or are you looking for a tuner. I'm guessing you currently have longhorn since you said it has a smoke tune, and that's there signature tune. If you have a V2, I've got a tune I can send you. And a turbo brake tune for towing is worth it's weight in gold imho. You will be pleasantly surprised at how much less brake application is required.
    Would love to see a copy of the tow tune, been researching and learning what does what with the v2 and need some real good tunes to look and go with to help learn for my own tuning, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy ashley View Post
    Would love to see a copy of the tow tune, been researching and learning what does what with the v2 and need some real good tunes to look and go with to help learn for my own tuning, thanks
    Do some googling, and you will find the answers for putting a turbo brake in the tune.

For towing, smartly increase the torque limits, smooth all of the tables, make sure full fueling is able to be achieved. At least this is my practice.

I'm in south central OH. I do some tuning and could probably help out with a mild tune and/or towing tune, but I'm not real comfortable pushing the limits for a race tune.