Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electronic Throttle Body issue after cam seap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Electronic Throttle Body issue after cam swap

I
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by TorqueMonster007; April 5th, 2018 at 05:02 AM.
    2024 3500HD (SRW) Duramax Denali Reserve
    2021 Ram 4500 Limited (Horse Hauler)
    2016 LML 2500HD Duramax High Country with a little help
    2022 Yukon Denali

I’m helping a friend (since I have a v2 scan and tune) get his truck running and driving so he can get it driveable and to a shop for further tuning at a later date. With that being said the truck is as follows:
    2006 ccab 4x4 original vortec max 6.0/4l70 LS1B
    Btr 227/234 @113 with associated push rods and springs
    DRIVE BY WIRE THROTTLE BODY AND IS UNALTERED
    2800 stall and built 4l70e

*Truck is NOT throwing any codes also**
    As far as what he has told me everything is installed correctly as speced

I have gotten truck to start and idle correctly both in and out of gear. The problem we are having is after start up and it settles to idle speed the throttle is limited to 22-30%. And i say that because it varies. You can blip throttle once and it’ll rev to 3500. Another time it may go to 4000 or vs. However if you crank it initially and before it settles to idle you can blip throttle and it will go to 99%. I played with the delay timer and the longer the delay the longer you keep pedal. Once timer is timed out it will dead pedal to 22-30%. I will gladly send anyone who may have an idea this base file for review. I have looked this file over from stock over and over and can not find anything that sticks out as incorrect. I am a novice and not a professional. Just a buddy helping a buddy. Need any help or direction to start looking would be more than appreciated. I have file on hand for anyone who would like a look. Thanks.

*4-5-18*
    Update:
    Truck did not throw any codes last night within the 2 hours we ran it and idle and around parking lot. This morning on first start up to back it out of the shop it threw P0300 on all 8 cylinders EVENLY (number of counts were all the same).
    Also, not sure why the original post ended up like it did but the tune file is attached in the OP.
    Last edited by TorqueMonster007; April 5th, 2018 at 05:05 AM.
    2022 Yukon Denali

Lifetime Member

Can you post up the stock pulled file before any mods?

Team208 I am attaching the factory file pulled from the truck. Note I had no part in the swap just helping with tuning. The motor was pulled from truck when cam swap and springs were done. I'm not sure if it is in fact in the tune somewhere or a mechanical or relearn issue. Bare in mind the modified file is a base to get it going.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2022 Yukon Denali

Lifetime Member

See file attached. Don't mod the torque limiting or traction control in the file attached and give it a shot. This is just to confirm parts or flash. Also, there is a very different VE in it based on a similar cam with 3k ish converter. Let it fire, warm up and idle, then try your rev tuning test.... If its fixed we can progress on how to not just blindly change things. Big big word of, what ever you want to call it, when you are unsure don't make changes. You have to know what you are changing, why and it the outcome of the change. Unless its a carbon copy engine every time, start with minimal changes and move from there. Every engine/rig is very very different, what works for some will not at all work for others. Early on in tuning, learn how to get the basics right. That's the initial setup and understanding of what that engine is going to need. With that said, this is not a full initial setup.

PS - compare the stock file to this and look at what I changed. You will still need to deal with DTCs, idle timing, timing............ I'd suggest you turn off the DTCs needed and maybe touch the idle timing if its hunting from timing and not fuel. Don't go change crazy.

LS1B_Skylar2006_6.0_Stock - MOD.ctz

Thank you for the input and will try file and report back with results. As I had said, not a professional by the slightest of the imagination but I did try and keep the file fairly close to factory without getting too crazy. The exception being the VE table was from an identical motor/head combo with exact same TB but was cable driven with 228r cam. I will report back with results and I hope we are headed in the right directions. Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.
    2022 Yukon Denali

Lifetime Member

The custom 228r VE table provided was +/- 1% of the stock table provided, with 15 clicks of the smooth button, and the MAF curve had 5% added..............

Good to know. Thanks.
    2022 Yukon Denali

Lifetime Member

Any update?

Quote Originally Posted by Team208Motorsports View Post
    Any update?
    Yes. The cranking and idle down is better. The initial cold starting is still off a little as it will crank and fire but once in gear and you give it throttle to move the truck (ex. pull it in garage it will take throttle correctly but when you let off and it should settle back to an in gear idle speed it will fall on its face and cut off). However once warm it is much better. Almost perfect. With A/C on in gear it does want to hunt at idle some. Was initially thinking it may be that enrichment is off to compensate or air value is off slightly? As for the throttle, we pulled TB off and cleaned it and the MAF and everything works as it should there now. Both the MAF and TB were personally I feel like they were filthy but the difference was the tuning I believe. Any thoughts on the cold start/running falling on its face (only directly after initial start up) and the hunting at idle with A/C on? Thanks,
    2022 Yukon Denali

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast