How'dy folks,
We have been selling water/ methanol injection with most of the turbo systems the go out the door. I like the concept and seeing lower iat's, making closer to stock timing values. However, my manager will not budge on a 50/50 mix. It works but I am noticing a pattern of timing values that are very close to the numbers the same vehicle runs w/o meth at the same boost. I have heard so many different opinions I don't know where to start experimenting if I was allowed. I believe that the water plays a big role in controlling the combustion. on the other hand it does not compress ( so I have been told). The methanol not only boosts octane but it absorbes heat, makes for a denser charge. What are the experiences others have had, and which mixtures allowed for a signifigant timing increase, because timing makes power don't ya know!!! Another thing is that i have to literally refuse to tune with meth. He thinks the vehile should be tuned with it and i say the vehicle should be tuned without to ensure safety, enough fueling, and provide a solid place to start playing with other variables. Then the meth becomes a bonus and the vehicle is not reliant mehtanol availabilty and always working to run and perform well.
Thanks,
madprof01