Thread: 2014 Cummins 6.7 tuning questions

Default 2014 Cummins 6.7 tuning questions

I'm new on here and have decided I'd like to dive in and try to learn how to do some basic tuning for my own stuff. I have been looking around and reading what I can but have a few questions still. I'm not looking to steal anyone's work or secrets, just looking to get some answers to be able to smooth out the correct tables, make the truck run better when deleted and then start building from there. I have specific questions regarding what tables to alter and after reading I do realize that duration, timing, pressure, and limits need to be adjusted but when in the program looking at the stock file which tables should be touched? How much can or should these tables be smoothed or should they on a stock tune with deletes. I'm prepared to do trial and error but just wanted to see if anyone could answer my questions regarding these tables as I have multiple tables of the same type. I haven't been able to find the answer to my questions and there is tons of stuff out there for other engines but I want to know specifically for the newer ECMs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also make sure you are not setting a code fore excessive crankcase pressure.

Thanks, still looking for info. Are the base tables the only tables that should be adjusted for timing and duration or should I adjust the tables for alternate modes as well?