Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Speed Density VS MAF

Do gear indicator and 4x4 indicator show correctly...?

Ill know tomorrow, at work at the present time

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Do gear indicator and 4x4 indicator show correctly...?
    Im guessing that the "tune" decodes the binary data from the natural safety switch then feeds it to the dash via the serial data bus? And the Allison decode is different than the 80e???

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    Im guessing that the "tune" decodes the binary data from the natural safety switch then feeds it to the dash via the serial data bus? And the Allison decode is different than the 80e???
    For the PCM controlled Hydra-Matics, yes... for the Allisons, I don't know.

Lifetime Member

All Allisons have a separate TCM, AL5. This includes both Duramax and 8.1/Allison combos. The LS1B when paired with the Allison in the 8.1, not sure what information is sent to the TCM but I imagine it's closer to what the LB7/LLY sends the AL5 than what other gas engines send/use for 60E/80E/NV 5spd.

Looks like your tune has the 80E segment so you should be good there. Also this is an 04 OS, just FYI, so if it was from a truck or Vette it would be DBW. I've been told that only Vans were DBC in this timeframe, and only if they didnt have traction control (StabiliTrak = DBW need to have the PCM close the throttle). I've had good luck simply disabling DBW on PCMs that have it enabled, but it requires the PCM to have the IAC driver actually on the PCB (not all 1MB PCMs do).
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; April 24th, 2018 at 07:54 AM.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    All Allisons have a separate TCM, AL5. This includes both Duramax and 8.1/Allison combos. The LS1B when paired with the Allison in the 8.1, not sure what information is sent to the TCM but I imagine it's closer to what the LB7/LLY sends the AL5 than what other gas engines send/use for 60E/80E/NV 5spd.

Looks like your tune has the 80E segment so you should be good there. Also this is an 04 OS, just FYI, so if it was from a truck or Vette it would be DBW. I've been told that only Vans were DBC in this timeframe, and only if they didnt have traction control (StabiliTrak = DBW need to have the PCM close the throttle). I've had good luck simply disabling DBW on PCMs that have it enabled, but it requires the PCM to have the IAC driver actually on the PCB (not all 1MB PCMs do).
    Thank you, yes my pc is a 6243 with IAC drivers on board, the gear indicator and 4X4 light issues still exist after complete reflash. I'm guessing the TC switch may bad, ill get into it later. Jamming hard to get it ready for title inspection the first of next week

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    Thank you, yes my pc is a 6243 with IAC drivers on board, the gear indicator and 4X4 light issues still exist after complete reflash. I'm guessing the TC switch may bad, ill get into it later. Jamming hard to get it ready for title inspection the first of next week
    I'm trying to piece the build together, it's a 99 frame, 01 8.1 DBC converted engine, 4L80E trans, 01 body, and an 04 1MB PCM? What transfer case?

I've only seen DBW 8.1s from GM too so this is a cool conversion!

I was wondering if the TC switch is a different P/N for the different years/engine/transfer case options...

I did find an 01 Silverado with the 8.1 and segment swapped the 80E transmission segment in from another 01 Silverado LQ4 (attached). Since you have a 0411 licensed, if you wanted to check a 512kb PCM this would be a good base file to start with. Again, it's stock so it's DBW enabled, you'd have to turn that off in the Platform options.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

My bad TC is a 261 manual shift. I've been thinking about this quite a bit have the wiring almost memorized, lol. It has to be either the one half of the switch on the TC, ( two switches internal) or a missing ground that feeds both circuites? I hope to dig into it this weekend. The 4X4 does lock in and release on command???

On another note, inspection Monday at 11:am, and alignment Tuesday at 10:am. I'll get the tags Tuesday while it is in the alignment shop then I'll get to drive it home, and put 25 miles on her. Shakedown trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I'm trying to piece the build together, it's a 99 frame, 01 8.1 DBC converted engine, 4L80E trans, 01 body, and an 04 1MB PCM? What transfer case?

I've only seen DBW 8.1s from GM too so this is a cool conversion!

I was wondering if the TC switch is a different P/N for the different years/engine/transfer case options...

I did find an 01 Silverado with the 8.1 and segment swapped the 80E transmission segment in from another 01 Silverado LQ4 (attached). Since you have a 0411 licensed, if you wanted to check a 512kb PCM this would be a good base file to start with. Again, it's stock so it's DBW enabled, you'd have to turn that off in the Platform options.
    thank you for the time involved in locating these tun's. i will load them and see what happens. do these have the "Lift - Shift issue" in the 4L80E fixed? Also just to clear things up, both of these tun's will work in my 411?

on a side note the gear shift indicator does "eventually" figure itself out??? not sure whats up there? currently chasing the little gotcha's that are inherent to a project of this magnitude, and my ignorance. lol

I am having some issues, here is a copy of my tune and a short scan
    Lloyd_BIG_TRUCK_062318.ctz

623183pkm.efi

i'm not sure whats up here, other than this is a cobbled together tune??
    but I am trying??

P.S. still haven't made it to inspection, but I am still moving ahead with the work.

should I start a new thread???
    Last edited by Tinbender59; July 3rd, 2018 at 01:58 PM.

Well i guess ill just start over, look for the new thread coming.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345