Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speed Density VS MAF

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    As an aside-I helped my buddy with a 2006 8.1L Sierra. We found a weird issue with table B6614 where it was set to +640, which in other model years meant no torque reduction. But in this particular year it pulled nearly 50%! Setting it to
    the forum clipped your reply... please go ahead and complete your reply.

Wow!! I decided to backup and read some of the tutorials, I gotta lot of reading and learning ahead. "LUA programming language" but in the mean time i hope to have the truck tagged within 30 days. Its gotta be inspected, used 4 trucks to build her. Once tagged, i would like to get things safe until i can get "technical" like you all. Lol

Okay I am following CALC_VET tutorial I am at step 3, (at my desk) since I do not have a LOG file, I am guessing that is why I can't find CALC.SELBEN under the DATA tab in map properties?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    Okay I am following CALC_VET tutorial I am at step 3, (at my desk) since I do not have a LOG file, I am guessing that is why I can't find CALC.SELBEN under the DATA tab in map properties?
    No... you should still be able to find CALC.SELBEN...

did you download the calc_pids.txt file (from step 1) to your folder c:/users/<you>/EFILive/V7.5/User Configuration...?

in the V7 scantool, on the PIDs tab, click on the column heading Parameter (i.e. click on the word Parameter) to sort on this column (might have to click twice to get ascending vs descending order)...

look down the Parameter column until you see CALC.SELBEN.

I did download the file and put it in (a) location, but ill double check the location,

alrighty! I checked the location, it is correct, I have had this problem before, I cant remember what the fix was??

Ok my fault, looking at the wrong tab

Joecar: at step 5. (or just before it) it would be nice to have it clarified whether to use the log that was taken before or should we log a new one hitting as many cells as possible?? I need to go through the notes, maybe you could incorporate the "Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)" and summery notes into one procedure??
    Last edited by Tinbender59; April 19th, 2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    Ok my fault, looking at the wrong tab

Joecar: at step 5. (or just before it) it would be nice to have it clarified whether to use the log that was taken before or should we log a new one hitting as many cells as possible??
    Use the log taken at step 2
    ( step 3 is setting up the maps, step 4 is applying the filters )

I need to go through the notes, maybe you could incorporate the "Calc.VET: correcting MAF and calculating VE (in single log)" and summery notes into one procedure??
    I'l take a look...

I kinda pasted them together (summery notes before #5) just my approach??
    One thing for sure, if it aint clear, I'm lost lol

previous post got clipped-probly my fault ..anywho...-I helped my buddy with a 2006 8.1L Sierra. We found a weird issue with table B6614 where it was set to +640, which in other model years meant no torque reduction. But in this particular year it pulled nearly 50%! Setting it to "0" allowed th ethrottle blase to open 100%(instead of just 53%). the truck would now roast tires without hesitation. Not sure if it will help on your model year, but thought I'd bring it up for you to look at.

Also, I can't stress enough wiring the LC2 exactly as Innovate says, with the relay and everything to the battery. I have the same WB and it's great, but other system noise will easily corrupt the signal and your tune will never converge to stability.

Yeah, theres a lot to learn and read and re-read, I was there a few years ago, but it's well worth it and totally addicting.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast