Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Speed Density VS MAF

setting B6614 to zero:

ok, thanks, I'll keep this in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmech442 View Post
    previous post got clipped-probly my fault ..anywho...-I helped my buddy with a 2006 8.1L Sierra. We found a weird issue with table B6614 where it was set to +640, which in other model years meant no torque reduction. But in this particular year it pulled nearly 50%! Setting it to "0" allowed th ethrottle blase to open 100%(instead of just 53%). the truck would now roast tires without hesitation. Not sure if it will help on your model year, but thought I'd bring it up for you to look at.

Also, I can't stress enough wiring the LC2 exactly as Innovate says, with the relay and everything to the battery. I have the same WB and it's great, but other system noise will easily corrupt the signal and your tune will never converge to stability.

Yeah, theres a lot to learn and read and re-read, I was there a few years ago, but it's well worth it and totally addicting.

Good to know stuff, thank you. My 8.1 is sporting a cable TB?? Should be interisting!! Lol.

Later today I'll post the start tune that I created with the help of LEXTECH, basically a 6.0/4L80E tune, that I copied every line dealing with the motor out of the stock 2004 8.1 tune line by line. It took a bit of time. Lol

If any one would like to see what I'm building? Look here - http://www.silveradosierra.com/under...d-t593361.html

My home brewed tune, if someone would like to critic it I would welcome any suggestions. I do however have a question in Injector flow rate.

I cant find any data that makes sense, what should I put in there?? my 8.1 is completely stock, with vacuum referenced fuel pressure, (has a vacuum line going to the regulator on the rail)

NEW_BIG_TRUCK_0000.ctz
    Last edited by Tinbender59; April 20th, 2018 at 01:43 PM.

I was comparing the tune to the factory 8.1. Wow it is a mess, I guess I'll spend some more time on it, lol. I have a good tune for the 411, and a 411 with licence, May go ahead and pop that one in for now. With the 1MB ECU I am having some weird dash issues. No 4X4 light, gear indicator changes how it acts with every start?? I did prove that 4X4 is working?? Also dead in the water until the new diaphragm for the regulator shows up, kinda leaking - "bad".

Well it appears that I have a small problem with my tune, it is not going to do what i want. With that said does anyone have an idea where i can find a DBC 4X4 4L80E tune for the 12586243 1mb ecu? motor size is not important

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post
    My home brewed tune, if someone would like to critic it I would welcome any suggestions. I do however have a question in Injector flow rate.

I cant find any data that makes sense, what should I put in there?? my 8.1 is completely stock, with vacuum referenced fuel pressure, (has a vacuum line going to the regulator on the rail)

NEW_BIG_TRUCK_0000.ctz
    With MAP-referenced FPR do this:
    - temporarily remove reference hose (leave FPR open to BARO);
    - measure rail pressure (aka "base pressure"), should 58 psi +/-1 psi;
    - if FPR is adjustable, adjust rail pressure to 58 psi;
    - remember to reconnect reference hose.

note: some vehicles run base pressure other than 58 psi.

Measured base pressure is used to scale injector flow rate.

Also note that with MAP-referenced FPR/rail pressure, the IFR is flat (same value in all cells).

I have a couple of new problems, my gear indicator is not working correctly reads R, D, and 2, and the 4x4 light does not illuminate but it is in 4x4?? hum??

Post your original tune, and your current tune ( is this it: NEW_BIG_TRUCK_0000.ctz )

What segments did you swap, and from where...?

here is a better tune NEW_BIG_TRUCK_0001.ctz

on this tun I started with a 6.0l 4X4 4l80e , told it that it was not DBW, and then pulled all motor data, line by line, from the original 8.1l ECU that was different than the 6.0l into my tune. I did find injector data in another tune. should work better, "I hope" as soon as the diphram for the regulator shows up Ill find out

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast