Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Which OS for my application? LS1B procharged...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default Which OS for my application? LS1B procharged...

    customer has a green/blue LS1 PCM... engine is a 24x 6.0L with cable throttle and T56 trans, now has a procharger with no maf and a 3 bar. I tried to find a stock van OS to start with, but it seems the files I found have elec throttle, therefore no IAC control. Question is, which base file can I start with for the application, and which COS can I use. I didnt think the vans had electric throttle but I seem to be wrong. Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    For 512kb LS1B PCM aka red/blue connectors:
    02 Silverado LQ4 OS 12212156. Segment swap the T56 manual trans segment from an 02 Camaro with the same OS (common OS). Then upgrade it to COS5 and you're set. The Custom OS tutorial has the compatible OS' and corresponding COS tune #. Don't use an Express Van tune if you're running a LS-based engine, the Express Van tune is only for SBC-based i.e. 350 SBC.

    What is it in now and how is it wired? If it's wired like a truck, use the Silverado as the base file. If like a Camaro, use that. If like a Corvette, use that. If you use the Camaro/Corvette, you'll need to change the displacement and VE stuff to match the 6.0 vs 5.7.

    EFILive Tune File DropBox Look under GM Truck, grab the 02 Silverado LQ4 tune. Go to the Camaro section and grab a manual 02 Camaro file.

    For 1MB LS1B PCM aka green/blue connectors:
    See post #4.
    Last edited by ScarabEpic22; April 18th, 2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Corrected for 512kb v 1MB PCM
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    02 Silverado LQ4 OS 12212156. Segment swap the T56 manual trans segment from an 02 Camaro with the same OS (common OS). Then upgrade it to COS5 and you're set. The Custom OS tutorial has the compatible OS' and corresponding COS tune #. Don't use an Express Van tune if you're running a LS-based engine, the Express Van tune is only for SBC-based i.e. 350 SBC.

    What is it in now and how is it wired? If it's wired like a truck, use the Silverado as the base file. If like a Camaro, use that. If like a Corvette, use that. If you use the Camaro/Corvette, you'll need to change the displacement and VE stuff to match the 6.0 vs 5.7.

    EFILive Tune File DropBox Look under GM Truck, grab the 02 Silverado LQ4 tune. Go to the Camaro section and grab a manual 02 Camaro file.
    I think the problem is the PCM is an 03+ green/ blue connector, not a red/blue... the vans were 5.3L and and 6.0L cable throttle in that vintage im pretty sure (or so I thought) I dont believe the 02 camaro stuff is compatible

  4. #4
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    I always forget the connector color and use LS1B 512kb/P01 or LS1B 1MB/P59...brain fart moment.

    For 1MB PCMs, you're more limited in what you can run for a COS. I found an 04 Silverado 4.8 OS 12587603 and 04 Corvette T56 with the same 12587603 OS so you can build a Silverado + T56 base OS. That OS upgrades to 040730xx so you'd want to use 04073003 for 2/3Bar support. That will give you DBC, T56, and 2/3Bar OS. You'll need to copy all the values from a LQ4/9 6.0 into this base file then tune it. I created the base file for you (attached). This is also the same OS as the 04 Express Van LQ4 in the repo, so you could also use the Express Van as the base file and segment swap using the Corvette file to manual.

    Have you tried simply disabling the Electronic throttle option and flashing to see if you have IAC control? It could also be that your PCM does not have the physical hardware to control an IAC if it came from a DBW vehicle originally. If so, you'll need to find a new PCM with the hardware OR crack it open and add the hardware yourself.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    I always forget the connector color and use LS1B 512kb/P01 or LS1B 1MB/P59...brain fart moment.

    For 1MB PCMs, you're more limited in what you can run for a COS. I found an 04 Silverado 4.8 OS 12587603 and 04 Corvette T56 with the same 12587603 OS so you can build a Silverado + T56 base OS. That OS upgrades to 040730xx so you'd want to use 04073003 for 2/3Bar support. That will give you DBC, T56, and 2/3Bar OS. You'll need to copy all the values from a LQ4/9 6.0 into this base file then tune it. I created the base file for you (attached). This is also the same OS as the 04 Express Van LQ4 in the repo, so you could also use the Express Van as the base file and segment swap using the Corvette file to manual.

    Have you tried simply disabling the Electronic throttle option and flashing to see if you have IAC control? It could also be that your PCM does not have the physical hardware to control an IAC if it came from a DBW vehicle originally. If so, you'll need to find a new PCM with the hardware OR crack it open and add the hardware yourself.
    FYI, a 2004 Silverado will have an electronic TB just like a corvette...

    I believe you will only be able to use an express van for the base engine calibration for drive by cable on a 1 MB PCM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    FYI, a 2004 Silverado will have an electronic TB just like a corvette...

    I believe you will only be able to use an express van for the base engine calibration for drive by cable on a 1 MB PCM.
    This is where I was ending up... So, in turn, is there a COS available for speed density/ 3 bar for that application? Thanks I am either out of luck or not finding what I need in the places I look! The 04 express van in the file depot appears to be a electronic throttle though (which seems odd, i didnt think the vans ever were?)

  7. #7
    Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    FYI, a 2004 Silverado will have an electronic TB just like a corvette...

    I believe you will only be able to use an express van for the base engine calibration for drive by cable on a 1 MB PCM.
    Man I'm having major brain farts! Everything (except Vans) are DBW 03+, correct?

    Quote Originally Posted by rubbersidedown View Post
    This is where I was ending up... So, in turn, is there a COS available for speed density/ 3 bar for that application? Thanks I am either out of luck or not finding what I need in the places I look! The 04 express van in the file depot appears to be a electronic throttle though (which seems odd, i didnt think the vans ever were?)
    The 04 Express Van uses the exact same OS as the Silverado and Corvette, so the COS is the same. So yes.


    Again, have you tried simply disabling the DBW value in the System options? It can be done and it will work, IF the PCM physically has the IAC driver installed on the PCB. The only way to know is to try flashing it and see if you get any IAC output. If not, you have to add the hardware or get a PCM with IAC (likely from a Van).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, starting the mods
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Man I'm having major brain farts! Everything (except Vans) are DBW 03+, correct?



    The 04 Express Van uses the exact same OS as the Silverado and Corvette, so the COS is the same. So yes.


    Again, have you tried simply disabling the DBW value in the System options? It can be done and it will work, IF the PCM physically has the IAC driver installed on the PCB. The only way to know is to try flashing it and see if you get any IAC output. If not, you have to add the hardware or get a PCM with IAC (likely from a Van).
    I have seen a few Heavy trucks that had a cable in 03 But I am not sure what dictated that.

    As far as disabling the DBW system Value, I have heard it is hit and miss. I have been told it's always best to start with a DBC file when possible. I don't have any experience in that specific area so I don't know if the issue was PCM related or File specific related when it occurred. It's possible something else in the background is missing. If there is no 03 van O.S. see if you can find a vin and I can try and get the latest calibration for it.

Similar Threads

  1. Question about a creative application for a GM PCM
    By xavgo2 in forum E37, E38 & E67 PFI ECM's
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 28th, 2016, 12:02 PM
  2. Non-LS Application of Gen 3 PCM
    By MGMTF in forum Gen III V8 Specific
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 29th, 2015, 11:56 AM
  3. Auto or calc ve what fits this application best.
    By johnj in forum Gen III V8 Specific
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 13th, 2013, 02:00 PM
  4. Whats The Best Package For My Application
    By therock in forum Purchase and Shipping
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 18th, 2009, 09:00 AM
  5. PCM coverage application list...
    By Redline Motorsports in forum General (Petrol, Gas, Ethanol)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 24th, 2007, 09:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •