Thread: L9H Base PCM Tune Needed

Default L9H Base PCM Tune Needed

I'm looking for a base L9H tune which is the 6.2 VVT motor with Flex Fuel. I have found the non-flex fuel L92 base tune, but still need the 54# injector table. I'm putting a stock L9H motor into a 2012 colorado and need a place to start. I've looked in the stickies and found L92 but not L9H. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Alex

Same here. I’m doing L9H into 09’ Colorado V8. Is your Colorado V8 to begin with? Colorado is E67, L9H is not...

Yes, mine was originally a V8 2012. I've got the motor installed and running, but had to pay blackbear for a tune since I never was able to get a stock L9H tune much less an L92.

I’m sorry my reply was so late. Can I ask what the cost to do so was? You are now running an L9H using an E67, correct? Do you have VVT operational?

Thanks.

It was 300 without a license since I had some left. I had them do both the TCM and PCM. And yes the stock colorado E67 PCM, with VVT operational just like the original 5.3L. The only hiccup I had is the MAF in the colorado is apparently different and I had to fix the conversion table (Paste in the stock tune table)for it to run, other than that it was fine. It is attached, again, it will not run if you have the wrong MAF so be sure to compare your OEM table vs. the one in the attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the tune I built off of that. I changed the stoich points back to stock as well instead of the "performance" option provided.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome, thanks. Mine is a 2009, and VVT did not start until 2010, so I’m not sure how to solve that issue. Easy to add wires and terminals, but from an operation perspective.....? If I run 2010 or later OS in my E67, will it work correctly, and with the rest of the vehicle? I’m still new to this. Thanks for your and anybody else’s wisdom.

Does your OS have the VVT functionality in it just disabled? I'd be leery of dumping a whole new OS in for a different year. You'll likely lose the PCM. If the capability is in your OS, then just turn them on and copy in the tables. Same thing like AFM, my truck has the tables, just not populated and disabled, but I can turn them on and populate. I do like the VVT vs. the fixed cam like an LS3, seems to help the lowend torque, but this thing really wakes up above 3K rpm. Up next is likely a magnuson.