Hi All,

Its been a while since i've posted and since then i've got a C5 (99 M6).

I'm aware the camaro z28 ls1 has a tune 'break' around 2000, so the 99/00 are very timing aggressive, compared to the 01/02 - basically they de-tuned because of various improvements (and later the LS6 intake). So i'm aware and have stock maps and tuned base maps to improve the later years with better fueling and timing. The SS also has a different tune from what i've seen so far (only slightly - usually auto shift points due to gears)

Now, coming to the corvette c5, ok, so I got a 99 manual, and i've pulled the tune and the timing is even more aggressive than the camaro 99. Basically the timing ramps to 28/29 deg (about 3000rpm) then only has a very slight decrease to about 26/27 (at one rpm cell row at 4400rpm) then back to 28 deg again. The camaros have a much bigger dip over the peak torque area. I know the corvette Z06 also runs conservative timing - but these are >2001 models with LS6 heads and the different cam.

So:
1) Do the standard corvettes have a similar tune break - I do not have a standard tune from any thing newer than a 2000 model - does anyone have one?
2) From experience - is the corvette 99 tune really optimal, its seems to be super high timing (but indeed the fuel is much richer - 11 AFR zone) - ball park - should I expect gains or rather feel gains by leaning to 12.8-12.9 at WOT and dropping timing a couple of degrees - or shaping it a bit (see next point)
3) Should I 'dig' out the timing over peak torque ? - I don't have a dyno - only street tune and wideband. So can do a few drives but its hard where I live now (no long / hidden areas - private roads etc) - so difficult to establish from logging if its 'faster'
4) The O2 shift points are in the >500mv range for corvette vs camaro - position in exhaust is different - but would these be better lower (and improve mpg as a side effect?)
5) The corvette VE is ramped up too, but it actually has a smaller cam than the camaro, so it seems this is too high as well. I need to do auto VE but won't use another licence if I cant get the car noticeably better

thanks in advance guys