Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Current Public Release (May 2018)

Lifetime Member

Now that you guys bring up the failed flash thing I did get a couple on the last beta release and thought huh that's weird but it was fine on the second try. After the problems from the other day I've been to scared to try again since I needed this truck to go to work Maybe I will try a few more flashes today I got a spare ecm on the way just in case they were cheap.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

I want to come in here and apologize for jumping on the blame the new update bandwagon, I'm a victim of the oldest newbie mistake in the book. Somehow one of my older tunes that worked fine before I used to build a new tune off of in one of the torque the fuel tables some numbers got added to the zero column in the upper RPM. So when I tried to flash the updated tune I had problems and then I went back to the old known good tune ( the one that was messed up) and still had problems these were all on the flash drive then I finally loaded a tune that was saved on the laptop everything worked fine. This morning I went and reloaded new tunes on the flash drive and tried it again I still had the same troubles then I went back through the tunes and found the torque the fuel table messed up. So it was never corrupt files or issues with the software, just a oversight on my end
    Last edited by rcr1978; June 8th, 2018 at 03:53 AM.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Thanks for letting us know.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi team,
    any luck with the DMA pids for OS 12673958?

Thanks

No sorry, DMA PID's have not been updated.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi, when using the new ecm unlock feature, once it unlocks and erases the tune, can you unplug the ecm to store until needed or do i have to use a vin license and put a stock tune in it right away. I have a spare ecm thats locked and want to unlock it but dont want to use a vin license on it until needed?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by golzee View Post
    Hi, when using the new ecm unlock feature, once it unlocks and erases the tune, can you unplug the ecm to store until needed or do i have to use a vin license and put a stock tune in it right away. I have a spare ecm thats locked and want to unlock it but dont want to use a vin license on it until needed?
    You can unplug it and store it and then at a later date, license it and flash it. Just stick a note on the ECM so you remember that it has no calibration in it when you come back to it months later and wonder why it is behaving "strangely".
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123