Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release (May 2018)

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Current Public Release (May 2018)

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing the Dec 2017 Public Release Release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.20 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.16 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.133 (May 03, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:
    Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Adding a key to the [Remote] section of a tune file is only active for the following controllers: LS1B, E38, E40, E54, E60 and E67.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Support for additional controllers will be added in a future update.

Issue #4:
    Table B7017 does not display correctly for E78 OS 12654014. Can also cause a failure when opening an E78 tune file, with error "Bad bin file" or "Invalid floating point operation".
    Workaround:
    Save the attached file 12651404.calz into the folder (overwrite the existing file): \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E78.
    You will need administrator privileges to perform that operation.

Issue #5:
    The EFILive_CmdLine.exe application fails to gang program attached devices.
    Workaround:
    Unzip the attached file EFILive_CmdLine.zip into the folder (overwrite the existing file): \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8
    You will need administrator privileges to perform that operation.
    Note: The updated EFILive_CmdLine.exe supplied in the zip file is compatible with the current version (V8.2.16) of the EFILive V8 software only.

Issue #6:
    The "Allow calibration values to exceed recommended limits." option was not being applied to individual property calibrations, only to table style calibrations.
    Workaround:
    None.
    Will be fixed in the next beta release.

-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; September 6th, 2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EDIT: I found a solution to this issue. On Windows 10, there's a new feature "Ransomware Protection" in the system settings. I had "controlled folder access" enabled (this may be the default in Win 10 Pro). In the menus there's an option to allow an app through controlled folder access. I added the EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe to the list of "allowed apps" in the "allow an app through controlled folder access submenu" and it seems to work just fine now. I'll be adding the other executables from EFILive to this list, but it seems possible that Microsoft could be engaged to let your software through. It appears that Win10 Home DOES NOT have this feature at all, so if you guys try to repro, please use Win10 Pro.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just tried a clean install of this release (Windows 10 with latest updates from MS), and though the software appears to install, running v8 Scan & Tune gives repeated error dialogues-
    "Cannot create file "C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config\EFILi veScanAndTune.ini". The system cannot find the path specified."

"Access Violation at address 00EBBF2A in module "EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe". Read of address 00000000."

"Access Violation at address 00EBB7AC in module "EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe". Read of address 00000019."

"Access Violation at address 0096D335 in module "EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe". Read of address 00000000."

"Access Violation at address 00992615 in module "EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe". Read of address 0000000C."

After dismissing all of these (several repeat), the software launches, but none of the modules work, Scan, Tune, Tools, etc (I get more access violations.)

I'm running the EXE as an administrator on the admin account, and have tried the Win10 compatibility settings to run it in WinXP, Win 7 and Win 8 modes to no avail. (I had the same issue with the last public release.)

This is my main tuning machine, so I'm hoping there's something in the works, previous service packs of Win 10 (or whatever MS calls them now) worked just fine, and there's not a good way to prevent auto updates without shutting off internet access.

Let me know if there's any additional info I can provide that would be helpful for your team!
    Last edited by required field; May 25th, 2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Found solution!

Have you checked that the folder: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config
    actually exists?

Use Windows Explorer and go to that folder (if it exists) and try to create a new text file in that folder.

Regards
    Paul

Ahh, I see you already found the solution
    Thanks for the update/explanation, good to know.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Have you checked that the folder: C:\Users\MyUser\Documents\EFILive\V8\Config
    actually exists?

Use Windows Explorer and go to that folder (if it exists) and try to create a new text file in that folder.

Regards
    Paul

Default note to self

From post #2 above:
    Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    EDIT: I found a solution to this issue. On Windows 10, there's a new feature "Ransomware Protection" in the system settings. I had "controlled folder access" enabled (this may be the default in Win 10 Pro). In the menus there's an option to allow an app through controlled folder access. I added the EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe to the list of "allowed apps" in the "allow an app through controlled folder access submenu" and it seems to work just fine now.

I spoke too soon- I'm seeing 100% reproducible "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" errors that cause a reboot on my machine when starting v8 (or the v8 control panel) with my FlashScan plugged in. It also triggered on v7.5 when I tried going through the registration flow.

I've tried uninstalling the drivers, and reinstalling the 2.12.26 driver from March 2017 in the USB Driver manager, but it doesn't help.

This is probably some other recently added Win 10 Pro security feature, but I've got no idea what it might be.

In the Control Panel, the USB Driver Version is listed as 00.00.00, and the library version as 03.02.14 when my FlashScan is unplugged.

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is a windows error (Page Frame Number list is corrupt) that could be caused by a misbehaving driver. In this case it may be because of the FlashScan USB driver.

First thing to try is to completely remove the FlashScan USB driver and then reinstall it using the following method(s):
    • Disconnect all EFILive USB devices.
    • Run the application: \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
    • Enter the value 0403 for Vendor ID then:

1. enter the value E4A0 for Product ID and click [Add]
    2. enter the value E4A1 for Product ID and click [Add]
    3. enter the value E4A2 for Product ID and click [Add]
    4. enter the value E4A3 for Product ID and click [Add]

• Click [Remove Devices] (some devices may not be removed because they were never installed in the first place)

Once all devices have been removed, click [Cancel] to close the window.
    If you get a dialog popup saying "This program might not have installed correctly", just [Cancel] it.

Now reconnect FlashScan, you should see a message saying "Installing device driver software" and then "Device driver software not installed" and FlashScan's screen will remain blank (AutoCal's screen should function normally).
    That is because the device driver software has been removed from your PC.

So now you need to re-install the device driver software.

• Disconnect FlashScan again.
    • Run the EFILive V8 USB Manager software and click the button: [Install USB V2.12.26 (March 2017)] to install the latest drivers.
    • Then reconnect FlashScan to complete the driver install.
    • You may need to restart your PC if requested.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks! Solved again! I had tried using the USB manager program installed with V8 to remove and re-install the drivers (even getting the blank screen behavior described in your post), but that didn't do it. Is it usual that this more manual driver removal is necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by required field View Post
    Thanks! Solved again! I had tried using the USB manager program installed with V8 to remove and re-install the drivers (even getting the blank screen behavior described in your post), but that didn't do it. Is it usual that this more manual driver removal is necessary?
    No, normally it is not required. But if the driver files become corrupt or damaged in some way then it may be necessary.

Installing/removing drivers is complicated, both from a technical perspective and a security perspective. Windows caches driver files to speed up the process of plugging in a device an having it recognized. I don't klnow the exact mechanism but I wouldn't be surprised if "removing" a device driver just sets a flag to indicated "these driver file are no longer in use". Then "re-installing" the driver may just un-set that same flag indicating to use those same driver files again without actually updating/replacing the files. Or it may simply trigger a "check for driver updates" and if/when no update can be found it just re-uses/re-activates the same driver files.

Performing the instructions above physically removes/deletes the driver files, so if they were corrupt or bad in some way then they will be replaced with new/clean ones during the next install.

Regards
    Paul

Its been a while since I've updated since everything was working and I didn't want to screw it up.

I just downloaded 8.2.16 (had to manually download), installed, and now when I launch V8 it doesn't see anything connected. Tried a reboot and disconnected / reconnected the USB cable. Still doesn't see the flaschscan.

Any idea?

Thanks

Forgot to mention the computer is still on XP. Firmware read using flashscan display = 2.07.91 and bootblock = 2.07.07
    Last edited by CR500; June 3rd, 2018 at 07:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast