Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnacharged 04 Silverado 6.0 too lean?

Default Magnacharged 04 Silverado 6.0 too lean?

So I purchased a Magnacharger TVS1900 for more towing power on my 04 2500HD used the included SCT to flash it, and now I want to fine tune it properly. I have read that safe AFR for FI is around 11-11.8? I'm using 93 octane from the pump, I just installed my WBO2 and I am reading around 12-12.4 WOT. So I haven't been stepping in to it at all till I get this figured out, is 12.4 too lean? I assume its because the kit is for a stock engine and I have a CAI and a Cat back. Also the kit uses the stock 1 bar MAP sensor, shouldn't it use a 2 bar? I ordered a 2 bar with hopes of converting to a custom OS or would I be wasting my time doing all this? The truck runs great and has a ton more power than it had but I am afraid I am running too lean. I can post up a log file once I get my WBO2 connected to my flashscan (PLX had to order the TTL to serial adapter)
    Let me know what you think.
    Thanks.

AFR 11.6 (EQR 1.26) is safe.

AFR 12.4 is too lean.

Use the 2-bar sensor (set the map scaler);

is it Gen3 or Gen4...?

if it's a Gen3 there might be a COS, see the document Custom OS Upgrade Tutorial - LS1.pdf in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Doc\Tutorials.

if it's a Gen4 then its an E38, this already has a 2-bar VVE table.

Its a Gen 3, My bad on posting in the wrong section, can the post be moved to the correct gen 3 section? I will get to work on the COS as soon as I get my 2 bar MAP sensor.

I was reading the COS Tutorial and it says to disable the MAF, can the MAF not be used with a COS?

In the mean time till I get my 2bar and my TTL 232 adapter is there something I can do in the current tune to give it more fuel so I am not running lean? I have attached my current tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No worries, I moved your thread to the Gen3 section.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    I was reading the COS Tutorial and it says to disable the MAF, can the MAF not be used with a COS?
    Disabling the MAF is for tuning the VE (the COS has special feature to retain the HO/LO adaptive spark in presence of MAF DTC).

You can run the COS with MAF.

In the mean time till I get my 2bar and my TTL 232 adapter is there something I can do in the current tune to give it more fuel so I am not running lean? I have attached my current tune.
    Increase table B0101 (VE) in areas where you make boost... increase say 30% and do a test drive, analyze the log to see if you need more/less air (fuel is added in ratio to air).

Lifetime Member

From what I see in your tune file, you appear to be running a return style fuel system. Save yourself a lot of heartache and install a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. In the meantime, don't drive the engine too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    From what I see in your tune file, you appear to be running a return style fuel system. Save yourself a lot of heartache and install a boost referenced fuel pressure regulator. In the meantime, don't drive the engine too hard.
    That's the bad thing, this is how the tune came from Magnacharger and I have a returnless fuel system. I dont know what the IFR table should be set to, but I know its not flat. In the kit it suggested to get the pcm reflashed to stock and I did that. attached is my stock file, the only changes I have made to the Maggie file are some trans shift parameters, remove vats and recal the speedo. I have no idea why they would have the IFR table the way it is but I will need to correct that in my new 2bar tune also.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast