Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magnacharged 04 Silverado 6.0 too lean?

Well I finally got my AFR at WOT around 11.5, bad thing is when cruising if i start to head up a hill and it starts hitting boost its way rich (10.8) but i guess till I get it sorted out and start a COS tune its better than being lean. I ended up changing B3618 as changing the VE table did nothing because they changed B0120 down to 1600 RPM so its only using the MAF at that point correct? Also the commanded AFR is WAY off from the actual AFR in OL. would that be the MAF thats not calibrated correctly then?

Good observation regarding IFR B4001 by statesman.

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    Well I finally got my AFR at WOT around 11.5, bad thing is when cruising if i start to head up a hill and it starts hitting boost its way rich (10.8) but i guess till I get it sorted out and start a COS tune its better than being lean. I ended up changing B3618 as changing the VE table did nothing because they changed B0120 down to 1600 RPM so its only using the MAF at that point correct? Also the commanded AFR is WAY off from the actual AFR in OL. would that be the MAF thats not calibrated correctly then?
    Erring on the rich side is safe (erring lean can be quite disastrous).

B0120 set at 1600 rpm means that MAF-only is used from 1600 rpm and up... you are right, changing VE will have no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Good observation regarding IFR B4001 by statesman.
    Shouldn't B4001 be liner rather than flat if I have an un-referenced return less fuel rail?

Quote Originally Posted by s10mods View Post
    Shouldn't B4001 be liner rather than flat if I have an un-referenced return less fuel rail?
    Yes correct, B4001 slopes up to the right for un-referenced (return-less) systems (it slopes as the squareroot of pressure... this is almost linear).

What statesman is saying is this: for boost, run a referenced/return system, B4001 will be flat and will now cover boost and vacuum.

Would it really be worth the effort to run a referenced regulator? I would have to remove the in tank regulator and add a return fitting to the fuel pump module. Is it that much better or easier to tune for a stock 6.0 running 6psi?

I did change my IFR table using the excel sheet found here and commanded AFR is much closer to actual than it was.

Another question is I have a Road Runner and want to use that when doing my COS 2 bar tune, is it the same procedure to install the COS? Full flash to the RR then cal only flash then read it? Then whats it take to return it if I use my RR in another vehicle? What I am trying to do is get a safe tune and put that in my regular pcm then start my COS 2bar on my RR so that if I need to use my truck to haul something and my tune is not finished I can just swap the pcm and map sensor back and be ok to go. I have a trip planned for Memorial day where I need the truck and don't know if i can get the 2 bar tune dialed in by then.

It would be simpler for you to run the returnless FPR for now... just keep in mind that on the iFR table (B4001), boost is to the left (which does not exist) on the MANVAC axis.

Yes, same procedure to install the COS on the RR.

You can flash any compatible OS into the COS at anytime.

I still havent got my WB02 hooked up to serial yet, I lost my serial cable somewhere but anyway I am getting some KR randomly, especially this past weekend when towing a trailer. I couldn't hear any audible knock so I am wondering if its false knock. I have heard of it before but not sure exactly what I am looking for. I have attached a log file from my drive home today and it shows some knock 4+ deg. should I pull timing out or is this false knock?
    Attached Files Attached Files

You can still run your WB using analog...

Looks real... post tune file.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast