Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Force MIL off with Bad ECM?

Ok, last post and I'm done searching the internet. Found this:

the two DTCs, P0606: Control Module Internal Performance and P069E: Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL illumination, are both FPCM related. I would suggest just getting the FPCM programmed and see what happens

The OP reported:
    anyone in the future. i got this fixed..new fuel module. programmed it. and he also programmed my pcm. not sure if that was needed but there was an update and all is good now. not sure what dealers charge but i got the module for $80 and found a guy to program everything for 165$

Guess I'll follow that path. Anyone know what gets programmed in the FPCM? Think a used one would be good to go or does it get flashed for the VIN?

Thanks

Rob

Hmmm, new FPCM, interesting, I don't know anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CR500 View Post
    Ok, last post and I'm done searching the internet. Found this:

the two DTCs, P0606: Control Module Internal Performance and P069E: Fuel Pump Control Module Requested MIL illumination, are both FPCM related. I would suggest just getting the FPCM programmed and see what happens

The OP reported:
    anyone in the future. i got this fixed..new fuel module. programmed it. and he also programmed my pcm. not sure if that was needed but there was an update and all is good now. not sure what dealers charge but i got the module for $80 and found a guy to program everything for 165$

Guess I'll follow that path. Anyone know what gets programmed in the FPCM? Think a used one would be good to go or does it get flashed for the VIN?

Thanks

Rob

I have flashed several with hpt but its always been for custom fuel systems, haved flashed one with SPS. I have never tried flashing a new or used one from another vehicle, I would assume it has the VIN programmed in it.

The co I purchased the ECM from said they can get the FPCM and program it for just under $200. Don't know if thats for a new or used FPCM. I found them new for about $80.

I was thinking about getting a VX nano (software clone of a Tech II). But its too complicated to get it to work with TDS SPS programming.

I'll try to do some diagnosing of the fuel system but will probably just end up buying the programmed FPCM.

So I'm still poking around with this thing. I logged fuel pressure and get 43.5 psig at idle and around 55 psig with key-on and engine-off. Then I looked at the fuel pump duty cycle. It goes immediately from 0 to 100% when turning the key on but stays at 100% while at idle.

I took it out and floored it (30 to 50 mph - up to 4800 rpm), the pump stays at 100%, fuel pressure ranged from 41 to 47 psi, and long term fuel trims around -1.

Guess 100% duty cycle on the pump isn't an issue (according to the trims and pressure).
    Last edited by CR500; June 9th, 2018 at 06:51 AM.

If your FPR is manifold referneced, then when you measure rail pressure, you have to add MAP to it.

Lifetime Member

ECMs flash the SVS because of bad NVRAM data... if you lock/unlock the controller/perform the case learn/set the vin/oil life and fire up the engine, the flashing svs should go away.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

I've only gotten P0606 when the etc tables are extensively modified.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Light is steady, not flashing.

I purchased the VCS Nano. It also won't clear the code from the FPCM. It does show the commanded and actual fuel pressures match and the duty cycle varies and looks about right.

Next move will be to open the FPCM. Won't have a chance to get to it until next month.

Finally fixed.

Replaced the FPCM and flashed it with the Nano and SPS. No more codes or dashboard lights!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast