Mamo 235 heads
    Johnson short travel lifters
    mamo ported MSD Intake
    Nick Williams 102
    1 7/8 longtubes
    Moroso 3 vane vac pump
    FAST 36lb inj
    11.7:1 comp

ok guys ive attached a tune im using with a log i did. It started as an 01 f body 6 speed tune. I adjusted the injector stuff, changed some idle airflow tables {i followed the rafig tutorial}, i didnt actually perform the rafig yet tho...

truck fires right up cold, will idle somewhat rough until about 140*ish then idle slows down and if i dont give her gas she dies. doesnt sound like shes running right tho. Warm restart i have to give her gas or she wont fire. Could use a bunch of help with this. I cant break the engine in yet cause i cant get her ti idle correctly. She doesnt run right on the stock tune. I have an LM2 wb . If someone could take a look at the file and give me some feeback i would greatly appreciate it. Also im trying to get a handle on setting up the scanner.
    Last edited by Jayyk31; June 3rd, 2018 at 11:46 AM.

Sounds like you need to do idle/rafig tuning... you must also account for larger throttle plate area (easier said than done).

For setting up the scantool, the ideas here might help: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log)

and here also: CALC-VET-Summary-Notes

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Sounds like you need to do idle/rafig tuning... you must also account for larger throttle plate area (easier said than done).
    Thanks Joe im going to do the rafig today after work. I already set up the scsnner from the tutorial on rafig. Thanks for the scan tool link i appreciate that!

Lifetime Member

Ive ran into issues with FAST Injector data more than once. They can be a pain sometimes.
    But i agree with JoeCar. RAFIG and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by nonnieselman View Post
    Ive ran into issues with FAST Injector data more than once. They can be a pain sometimes.
    But i agree with JoeCar. RAFIG and go from there.
    I used the 36lb gtp data from the pdf thays floating around. Im gonna do the rafig in a lil while... ill post backbup after. Thanks guys

Last night i attempted to log rafig. No luck she wouldnt even start unless i gave it gas and then stumbled. So by the time i got her started the temps rose so i figured i will give it another shot today.
    Jocar I have my vac pump wired to a gm 2 bar map sensor. I wired it to the fuel tank pressure sensor circuit. I ft. I select the correct pid in the scanner will i be able to log it? Or would i have yo make a calc pid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post
    Jocar I have my vac pump wired to a gm 2 bar map sensor. I wired it to the fuel tank pressure sensor circuit. I ft. I select the correct pid in the scanner will i be able to log it? Or would i have yo make a calc pid?
    The vacuum pump should be for providing suitable vacuum capacity to the vacuum-assisted power brakes...

the MAP sensor should be looking at the actual manifold pressure (be it vacuum or boost), it should not be looking at the vac pump.

I'm confused about the MAP sensor being wired to the fuel tank pressure sensor.

Better post some wiring diagram so I can understand your config.

No jocar im talking about crankcase vac. I have a 3 vane Moroso vac pump. Im using a gm 2 bar map sensor so i can monitor the crankcase vac thru the pcm and on my dash guage. I have it wired like this.
    Map connector B - PCM red 64 & dash guage
    Map connector c - PCM blue 47
    Map connector A - PCM blue23

(This wiring is for '01 f body 2088 FTP sensor for vac pump)

Im gonna double check my wiring as i might have gotten mixed up over the last year as ive changed from p59 pcm to the 0411.

***edit*** wiring is correct as per gm wiring diagram for 00-02 f body FTP sensor...
    Last edited by Jayyk31; June 5th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

i finally got the truck to run. 2 pins on the MAF were reversed, the IGN and GND wires. It kept dying when it hit 140* before this. Well not this time. Settled in at approx 1400ish rpms , prob due to me opening the tb blade. ill fix that. So heres my 1st real log. Please check it out. Im gonna start checking the rafig data. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast