Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: please help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post
    Edit...
    Matter of fact the more logs i look at to compare scan with editor the b0101 table, the pcm never pulls anyrhing info from any other column except the 15kpa colomn. RPM moves in sync with the scanner but KPA stays in the 1st column no matter what. Hmmm. I wonder if i have a junk MAP sensor?
    In scantool, on PIDs tab, on pid MAP, got rigthclick->Metric.

As im home just looking ovwr stuff I notice on one of my rescent logs that ...

In scanner frame #2665.
    Tps= 58.8%
    RPM= 2541
    MAP= 99 kpa
    [VE is 58.94]- to me this would explain the bogging and popping as its way lean, no? Part of it at least?

Now when i go into the editor and go to B0101 it shows itsbpulling from cell
    Rpm= 2400
    MAP= 15kpa

Not sure what to make of that but doesn't look correct. Pcm was commanding a solid 12.84 AFR. (I will be switching to lambda from now on to tune). Something isnt right here.

That (VE 58%) does not look right.

( in tunetool, go Edit->Properties, and set Fueling Units to EQR (EQR is 1/Lambda), and set VE units to g*K/kPa )

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    That (VE 58%) does not look right.

( in tunetool, go Edit->Properties, and set Fueling Units to EQR (EQR is 1/Lambda), and set VE units to g*K/kPa )

Ok i set the fueling values in the tune tool to EQ... Much better like this!
    Also set the VE table to g*k/kpa. I took a screen shot of the VE table. Doesbrhis look better to you? Im used to seeing them in %?

Now they are in sinc between scanner and tune tool! Thank you again Joecar!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180717_180517.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	22265  

( %VE is not really helpful because it's relative to the engine displacement, i.e. whatever B0104 contains )
    ( g*K/kPa is more useful because the grams of air is directly related to how much torque can be made )

( after a while you get used to g*K/kPa )

VE table does not look right.

To make screenshots easier, see post #10 here: Hosting-an-Image

( see http://getgreenshot.org )

Lifetime Member

Thanks a lot for taking the time bro! Im gonna take a look and start with your "new base" tune you posted...
    No problems. Last night I was in a bit of a rush and the changes I made to your tune file only fixed your crazy rich on hard acceleration... but it did not fix your rich decel.

Use this "new base2" file, it fixes both.

2001 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe Manual LS1 5.7 Litre (PCM 12202088) OLSD ve Tuning NEW BASE2.ctz

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    ( %VE is not really helpful because it's relative to the engine displacement, i.e. whatever B0104 contains )
    ( g*K/kPa is more useful because the grams of air is directly related to how much torque can be made )

( after a while you get used to g*K/kPa )

VE table does not look right.
    Yes it doesnt look right to me either. Im gonna load up a stock VE Map and see what it looks like.

Lifetime Member

The VE table was not right. I did some adjustments to your VE table in the "new base2" tune file... it's all ready now for you to do some VE tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by statesman View Post
    The VE table was not right. I did some adjustments to your VE table in the "new base2" tune file... it's all ready now for you to do some VE tuning.
    Awesome Statesman, thanks again! Ill load that tune up and also get my WB fixed up too!

Joecar your right my WB is off. Im trying to figure out what the problem is cause the WB is brand new. My guess is from running so rich it blew the sensor. It was black when i took it out. Im gonna change my spark plugs as well cause theyre prob fouled out as well. I bought a few extra sets especially for this. Im trying to set up my WB to show Lambda instead of AFR too.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast