Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: please help...

Ya know I should have listened to that voice in my head when I bought another Innovate product. I had major problems with an LC2 i bought to tune my 2000 s10 years ago and said id never buy another Innovate. So I didnt listen to myself! Lol!
    I bought another 4.9 sensor and after testing it I got an e8 code, blew the sensor. I was on the phone with Innovate at the time. They told me to send it in, which I obliged. Same as my old LC2. I have a feeling I wasted my money.

Im gonna see how this goes but in the meantime im going to look for other wb's. Any recomendations, would like serial comms...
    Hows the Ballenger? What about the less expensive version made by ECM?

Ballenger is pretty good, a bit more expensive.
    AEM is good (and fast).

Ive always used either the Bosch LSu 4.2 or 4.9. Really I had issues with either the sensors or products... How do the NTk sensors compare?

Just got off the phone with Innovate. They said they did the LSU 4.9 update. She tried to charge me for it, $69.00!!!!! Hahaa! I was like, serious? So i got her to warauntee it. So ill use that for now but im stull gonna buy a different brand. Somehow my gut tells me the update is Bull! Why would the LM2 need the 4.9 update when it came stock with the 4.9 sensor? Honestly I dont like Innovate at all.
    Last edited by Jayyk31; July 24th, 2018 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Add more info

That sounds all wrong... I don't like when a vendor does that...!!!

At least they are going to warauntee it tho. Ill be up and running soon. Thanks again for all the help guys!

Got my WB back. Heres a log and my most current tune. I made some small adjustments to the 4 transient fuel tables and the bogging/breaking up seems to have disappeared. My guess it was so lean when i hit the gas my WB was messed up and wasnt reporting it correctly.

Seems that Innovate fixed the issue. Hopefully it lasts. Joecar can you take a look and see if the WB is reporting correctly if you have the time? Thanks.

Also i cant seem to get the "b9021 CAX" to show up? I DL'd the zip and extracted "caxb". Resaved it as "12200288.cax" in the "7.5 bin" folder. Not sure what to do. Heres a screenshot...

Last edited by Jayyk31; August 5th, 2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Screenshot

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post
    Also i cant seem to get the "b9021 CAX" to show up? I DL'd the zip and extracted "caxb". Resaved it as "12200288.cax" in the "7.5 bin" folder. Not sure what to do.
    You've put it in the wrong folder... it needs to be in the "Calibrations" folder.

I already fixed B9021 in the latest tune file I gave you, but it doesn't hurt to have access to that parameter... you may want to mess with it later.

Oh wow thank you sir I had no idea you fixed it for me! Much appreciated Statesman! Im gonna look again for the "calibrations" folder. I couldnt find it for some reason. Ill post back.

Edit...

Yeah i cant find the "calibrations" folder anywhere. I think i remember seeing it a while back butbit seemed to have disappeared

Edit again...
    Found it in "program files x86/7.5/efi live". Moved it to there. Lets see if it pops up in the tune file.
    Last edited by Jayyk31; August 5th, 2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Info

+1 as stateman said:

.cax files go in folder C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast