Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: please help...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post
    Curious about the "power at rear wheels" pid. Where does the info come from and what does EFI Live use to calculate it? I logged it last night and got readis from 0-650. Is this pid accurate?
    This pid is the power left over to accelerate the vehicle (F=m.a) after all friction has been overcome (powertrain fiction, road/tire resistance, air resistance).

This pid calculates P=m.v.a where a = dv/dt and m is vehicle mass.

The accuracy of this pid goes up as the log sample rate increases (i.e. 40/s vs 10/s).

To properly use this pid requires an understanding of Physics, which I'm sure you have (doesn't everyone...?)

If you log this pid on the way up (accelerating) and then log it on the way down (coasting down) on the same road under the same conditions, you can calculate FWHP to a reasonable estimate by subtracting.

So ive done Auto Ve a bunch. To move on to AutoMaf or CalcMaft do i just enable the LTFT'S in the tune, and set the MAF DTCs back to stock? What about the airflow correction threshhold? (Not on my pc so i forget the labels of the tables) I td s set to 400 rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayyk31 View Post
    So ive done Auto Ve a bunch. To move on to AutoMaf or CalcMaft do i just enable the LTFT'S in the tune, and set the MAF DTCs back to stock? What about the airflow correction threshhold? (Not on my pc so i forget the labels of the tables) I td s set to 400 rpm.
    To run the MAF you have to un-fail it (set MAF DTC's to stock).
    To run MAF-only (i.e. no VE) set dynamic airflow threshold to zero.
    To run CL/trims, enable CL and LTFT's.

Note: AutoMAF and Calc.VET correct the MAF; they both require the MAF to be running.

Calc.VET might be easier... give this a try, but pay attention to the maps before applying them, if they don't make sense we have to figure out why (i.e. you already did AutoVE, so the VE table calculated by Calc.VET should come close... unless you're scaling).

Thanks Joecar! I reinstated the Maf. I set b0120 to 0. Im gonna see how the AutoMaf works.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789