Thread: Innovate Wiring idea

Default Innovate Wiring idea

Hi guys, I have a quandary that has me stumped. I am installing an Innovate LC2 in my truck, normally just sub the LC2 in for tuning. Then pull it out for the next project, but this one is going to be a part of the truck.

my problem is how to power it up? I can go with a feed off of the Ignition switch, or a manual switch? But in the past I have burnt up sensors because of leaving them on when not running. with all that said,

I am looking at my wiring diagram,

C2 "RED" pin #80 HO2S heater low reference (2001 - 02 6.0L only)
    C2 "RED" pin #74 HO2S heater control (w/ isolated ground sensors) (2001 - 02 6.0L only)

Is there a way to get these outputs working on all systems?? If I am correct the ECU will turn these off if the engine is in a non running state regardless of key position? If I am correct and I can get these outputs working. I will use them to fire a relay to turn on the innovate. thus solve my forgetfulness issue, no noise from motor, then no power to O2 sensors!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbender59 View Post

C2 "RED" pin #80 HO2S heater low reference (2001 - 02 6.0L only)
    C2 "RED" pin #74 HO2S heater control (w/ isolated ground sensors) (2001 - 02 6.0L only)
    Some PCM's (I think 2004 onward) will do PWM modulation on the O2 heater circuit to control the temperature...
    so you have to check that this is not the case (does your DMM detect frequency and/or duty-cycle...?).

Is there a way to get these outputs working on all systems?? If I am correct the ECU will turn these off if the engine is in a non running state regardless of key position? If I am correct and I can get these outputs working. I will use them to fire a relay to turn on the innovate. thus solve my forgetfulness issue, no noise from motor, then no power to O2 sensors!!
    My understanding, prior to 2004, is that HO2 heater power is always on while key is at RUN position (regardless of engine running or not);
    but, to be sure, you should hook up a DMM/voltmeter and do the experiment.

thanks for the quick reply Joe, I was afraid of the PWM issue! and yes most O2 sensors are "ON" or HOT if the key is on. I guess that is what I'll have to do until programming outputs is easily available, lol