Thread: E67 Stand Alone - No Communication

Default E67 Stand Alone - No Communication

Converted a 2006 CTS-V LS2 Harness for stand alone operation. Donor car ran and drove before pulling the harness. Hooked the completed harness up to a battery on the bench to tune out VATS and I'm not getting any communication with my V2.

Verified power at the ECM pins and also at the OBD2 plug. Checked continuity for the CAN+ and CAN- wires. Grounds are also good. Followed this tutorial as well:

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...20Tutorial.pdf

Should there be voltage at the CAN+/CAN- pins all the time at the OBD2? If so what's a good reading?

Not sure what I'm missing to get this thing going. Is there any chance there could be interference from outside power on the CAN signal, do the wires need to be completely twisted the entire length? Any other troubleshooting tips.

Thanks

Jake

Is there an error in the Tutorial? Just noticed now that it lists Black 23 as ground. In my schematics it says Black 23 as low reference for the Cam sensor...

Post your schematic, which year/model/vehicle is it from...?

Figured it out.. there's an issue with my V2. I was able to read and write to a LS1b ECM with it but it's not communicating with this E67 or my new 17 Silverado.

I have another V2 that doesn't have available VIN licenses which was able to read the E67 no problem. l used the same cabling, direct swap.

No idea what may be the issue.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thunder57 View Post
    Figured it out.. there's an issue with my V2. I was able to read and write to a LS1b ECM with it but it's not communicating with this E67 or my new 17 Silverado.

I have another V2 that doesn't have available VIN licenses which was able to read the E67 no problem. l used the same cabling, direct swap.

No idea what may be the issue.
    LS1B uses FlashScan's VPW interface - which is still OK
    E67 and your Silverado use FlashScan's CAN interface which has most likely failed. Probably the CAN transceiver chip has failed and needs to be replaced.
    Contact SoCal Diesel (http://www.efilive.com/distributors), they should be able to repair it for you.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

V2 has been shipped out to SoCal Diesel. They were also very helpful over the phone. Thanks for the update as well.