Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Start over,

I'm sorry, I've been distracted with job seeking the last few days...

Your tune is very close, so doing Calc.VET (or any other MAF and/or VE tuning procedure) should produce only minor changes to MAF and/or VE.

If you now take a Calc.VET log, let's look at it to see what it tells us

(post your calc_pids.txt file also)

Thanks joe, i will get it done asap

No worries, take your time.

Dang it, cant get the missfires under control, also keep getting a MAF performance code. Both of which keep kicking the torque converter out. I have a calc.vet scan, and a screen shot i need to post ltr. I think it is injectors "still!!" As i can fatten up the VE table and reduce the missfires???

Okay time to theorize, I have misfires on 4 and 7 have had for the last 3 weeks 8 weeks I don't know I'd have to look at my scan log. Fattening up the VE chart seems to help if not eliminate the misfires. It only happens around 18 to 2400 RPM wide open throttle nothing no misfire detected at all hard pull I didn't see any increase in the number of hits had my son drive while I watched it so I could pay attention. I have had 2 injector plug when I first started the truck or restricted then one injector stuck open if you'll remember I just think it's time to dump the injectors and start over on that part. Although tomorrow I will switch coils and wires with two other cylinders take the ve back to where it was and see if I can get some misfires on different cylinders if it stays on 4 and 7 I'm done

I pulled 4 plugs 2, 4, 5, and 7, they all look the same color, checked compression on said holes, 5 & 7 were 165#, 2 & 4 were 155#. Swapped coils and wires, test drive pending

After swapping plug wires and testing, let us know what happens.

Thinking out loud:

Firing order is: 1-8-7-2 6-5-4-3

you see misfires on #4 and #7... these two cylinders are paired (they move up/down together) and use the same sector of the CKP reluctor;

I would visually inspect the CKP relector (I know, it's hard to get an eyeball to it);

do you have access to an oscilloscope to look at CKP signal...?

Other stuff to try:

Swap inectors #4 and #7 with say #5 and #8, see if the misfirew move or stay on #4 and #7.

Can you do a leakdown test...? I would say compression test for #2 and #4 appears within range, but now I'm wondering is this 10 psi drop has a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    After swapping plug wires and testing, let us know what happens.

Thinking out loud:

Firing order is: 1-8-7-2 6-5-4-3

you see misfires on #4 and #7... these two cylinders are paired (they move up/down together) and use the same sector of the CKP reluctor;

I would visually inspect the CKP relector (I know, it's hard to get an eyeball to it);

do you have access to an oscilloscope to look at CKP signal...?

Other stuff to try:

Swap inectors #4 and #7 with say #5 and #8, see if the misfirew move or stay on #4 and #7.

Can you do a leakdown test...? I would say compression test for #2 and #4 appears within range, but now I'm wondering is this 10 psi drop has a cause.
    OK now we're talking the same, I did swap injectors 4/2 and 7/1 the misfires did come down a bit but stayed at 4 & 7, with 7 still the worst. As a matter of fact I do have an oscilloscope, so I'll give her a look. With the motor being a 2004 should it not be 24X??? Dumb question - could I have the injectors and or coils for 4 & 7 crossed at the ECU?? I'll check that out but I thought that the 6.0 and 8.1 had the same firing order???
    Last edited by Tinbender59; October 24th, 2018 at 04:20 PM.

Ah dang it I just looked at the documentation I swapped 1/5 not 1/7. Grrrrr gotta fix that!

no worries... what is important is that you rechecked and you continue from there.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast